What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Innerspace -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

I wanted to begin these Few Words with a line something akin to "Never before has there been a film with such a totally preposterous story line, that turns out to be just plain fun," but there must have been far more silly pitches and films produced.

Bottom line, Innerspace remains a crowd pleaser, and the new Blu-ray from Warner, with their new quality ethic, makes it especially so.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks, RAH. Got it last week. Just need to get around to watching it. Glad it looks and sounds exceptional.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I wonder how many of you can hear the crackling in the audio of this Bluray.

here's a sample posted at bluray.com

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t268gpu5offscl/well%20damn.wav?dl=0

Most people don't hear it, but a few (including myself) can.

Well, I'd say I'm very sensitive as far as audio is concerned since it plays a large part in my type of work.

Also the crackling could disappear if you have lowered treble (high frequencies?) settings.

John Stockton

Second Unit
Thanks so much. Another quality BD from WB.

There is a lot of buzz on the other sites regarding the Crackling sound, and some say it is only limited to those with Sony players. I certainly can't hear any crackling from the clip that was posted, but that may be because I am listening through the tiny laptop speakers.

zoetmb

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brooks
Konstantinos said:

Well, I'd say I'm very sensitive as far as audio is concerned since it plays a large part in my type of work.

Also the crackling could disappear if you have lowered treble (high frequencies?) settings.
I hear no crackling. What I do hear is the squeak of a door opening (the squeak of the hinge). Don't know if that's supposed to be there or not.

And crackling as I define it actually is not very high frequency.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
zoetmb said:
And crackling as I define it actually is not very high frequency.
Well, I don't know the technical audio terms.

But when I lower my treble settings in my audio card on my pc, the crackling disappears.

But in normal settings, it's there.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Quote:
"I'm very sensitive as far as audio is concerned since it plays a large part in my type of work."

"Well, I don't know the technical audio terms.

Ok, which is it??;)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Tino said:
Quote:
"I'm very sensitive as far as audio is concerned since it plays a large part in my type of work."

"Well, I don't know the technical audio terms.

Ok, which is it?? ;)
Being sensitive to audio and having an acute ear as part of your work, doesn't mean that you should know all the technical terms.

A musician is sensitive to audio but that doesnt mean that he has the knowledge of an audio-engineer/technician as far as technical terms are concerned, the same as an audio engineer doesn't have knowledge of harmony, scales, counterpoint, etc.!

I hope it's clear now..

Mr. Masters

Agent
Real Name
Stefan
With which scanner works Warner for this release(Spirit 4K, Northlight, IMAGICA) and is this a new 4K or 2K scan?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I've watched the above mentioned "crackling" scene and heard nothing. Watched multiple times. Sounds like a player issue and not a software issue. Watched on my PS 3. Looks and sounds great as Mr. Harris has stated.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Konstantinos said:

This is the same issue that was on the dvd, are you saying this was not fixed?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Oh and btw I have above average hearing too. Had a hearing test and the dr was impressed. [emoji106]

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don't hear it tony and I was listening closely. There is no crackling on my disc.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Konstantinos said:

Timestamp?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Does ANYONE hear crackling in that clip??? Those two pops are Pendleton clapping someone on the shoulder. Tony its in the first five minutes when he confronts the other officers drunk.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I can hear it, on the dialogue whenever his voice goes up. Specifically, listen closely on "damn" "balls" "wall" and "heroes", there is some distortion/cracking sound on his dialogue when his voice peaks. This was probably baked into the original production dialogue recording on-set. Try listening through headphones, it's definitely there, although whether or not it bothers you during regular viewing would obviously be down to the viewer, and it's probably always been present on the track.

Vincent

DalekFlay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dane M.
I can only hear it with the sound absolutely cranked to high heaven. Would never actually watch a movie at that volume.

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I can't pick it up on the clip played thru my computer but I can hear it when watching the Blu-ray on my surround system, although I can only *just* catch it and even then I have to be right up close to the centre speaker and be playing it back at (or close to) reference level. -10 dB down and from my regular seating position I simply couldn't hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks