What's new

LG 65" 65UB950V 4K TV and SAMSUNG home theater. (1 Viewer)

Xulfi Zee

Auditioning
Real Name
zulfiqar
hi, my question is that will a LG 65" 65UB950V 4K TV work with a samsung HT-7750WM home theater.

right now i have a samsung 55 inch tv and its working perfectly, but i want the lg tv and dont know if the samsung home theater will be compatible with the tv.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Based on the fact that the Samsung system is a basic HTiB, I assume by "compatible" you mean one or more of the following:

1) You use the Samsung Home Theater remote control to operate both the home theater and the display. If the remote is a learning/programmable remote control, then it's possible it will work with the LG display (you'll need to reprogram it), however if you are simply using the HDMI/CEC (Anynet+) feature of the home theater and display, then no, it is virtually guaranteed that this feature will not work across brands.

2) You utilize the "Smart" streaming features built into the display, and need to get the audio from these features into the Samsung Home Theater. Your Samsung Home Theater has two options for getting audio from the display - HDMI (audio return channel) and Toslink/Optical. Using ARC via HDMI is hit or miss - there's no way to be 100% certain that will work until you try it. Toslink/Optical is much more reliable - however I don't know for certain if that display has a Toslink output. Even if you got the two connected, there still remains a slight possibility that the display does not allow audio from smart apps to leave the display. Again, there's no way to know for certain until you have the display and try it out.

If neither of these options are what you are referring to when you say "compatible", please elaborate and tell us how your current display and the home theater are connected, and in what ways is your current setup "working perfectly".

Xulfi Zee

Auditioning
Real Name
zulfiqar
hi Jason, thanks for your quick response. im not very tech savy so i'll explain what i mean. Right now i have samsung home theater connected to a samsung tv and by working perfectly i mean that its working like it should. i have connected the tv,satellite and xbox one to the home theater system and i can hear sound from the system when i watch tv or play games and movies.

i dont use the in built apps that the home theater has except the screen mirroring and bluetooth, and i dont think these are apps.

so my question is will the LG tv also emit surround sound when connected to the samsung home theater and have the screen mirroring and bluetooth working and i will be able to enjoy movies and games in surround sound?

and about the remote, i just use the samsung tv remote to bring it to hdmi 4 and then use the home theater remote to control the home theater.

can i buy the LG or is it better to just get a samsung 4k tv to be on the safe side?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You aren't using any CEC controls. (CEC is the LG Simpplay. No idea what Samsung calls it...as I pay zero attention to Samsung)

It will work just like your current set.

Whether LG app audio leaves the TV...no idea.

Xulfi Zee

Auditioning
Real Name
zulfiqar
im not too keen about the LG apps as long as the tv can play surround sound connected to the samsung home theater while watching movies,satellite and games.

by LG apps you mean the youtube,netflix,amazon etc right?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Xulfi Zee said:
i have connected the tv,satellite and xbox one to the home theater system and i can hear sound from the system when i watch tv or play games and movies.

If this is the case, then as Sam already mentioned, you aren't using CEC or anything of the sort. The new display will work fine as a "drop in" replacement for the old display.

Xulfi Zee said:
so my question is will the LG tv also emit surround sound when connected to the samsung home theater

I don't want to confuse the issue here, but technically speaking, your TV doesn't emit any sound. You aren't using the display's speakers - it's only displaying the video signal that is fed to it from the Home Theater system (you choose the input using the Home Theater remote control).

Since you said you don't use the TVs smart apps, the display as you describe it should have absolutely no bearing on audio of any sort (that's the way many of us have our systems set up - the display is just that: a display).

Xulfi Zee

Auditioning
Real Name
zulfiqar
yes thats what i wanted to hear, i just want it as a replacement tv.

thanks for your help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks