What's new

Well, here I am (1 Viewer)

knoxco

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry
Hello. My name is Larry. I've read some interesting posts in here over a few weeks, not the least of which was the "What I would have done differently" compilation after completing a room; I don't recall the thread title, but there was good information to jot down.

Our current 'theater' setup, which (aside from the screen size) probably isn't much different than the average home TV setup:

LG Blu-Ray model BD390
Honestly, most movies are PPV or Netflix streaming (Comcast throughput here is a fairly consistent 20Mbps or more).

Sharp 60" LCD-60LE640

Onkyo HT-S3500(B) 5.1 receiver (bass is heavier on this thing than I'd like, even after turning it down)

We have an Xbox 360 and satellite receiver in the same room. All HDMI connections from source to display, with separate optical connections from source to the Onkyo for decent surround sound. That makes having a reasonable single remote unwieldy (a Harmony 500 just couldn't keep up since the Xbox isn't RF controlled - I will figure out something else eventually)

The current room is maybe 12' fro the seat to the TV, at one end of a 50' width of an open floor plan to the kitchen. The long-term plan is to move it to a room in the basement about 15x20 and a 7 foot ceiling after finishing. This is months away from planning (let alone beginning demolition), as its priority is fairly low. On the up-side, I can log it here start to finish, whenever it begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks