What's new

Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult (1994) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

915qNtamm3L._SL1500_.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
It's a shame this film came out after CDs supplanted LPs. The original title was "Naked Gun 33-1/3: For the Record." (for you young 'uns, LPs i.e. long-playing records, played at 33-1/3 rpm on the turntable).

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Stephen_J_H said:
What I wish Paramount would do is licence the original 6 episode run of Police Squad! to Warner for Blu-ray release. Those 6 episodes are funnier than the 3 films put together.

You are SO right! All six episodes are fall down funny with pacing that puts the movies to shame. I rarely watch the movies, but the TV series gets a regular run through my equipment.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Was the Police Squad series shot on film or tape? It's definitely from the era of TV where the switchover to tape was becoming common.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Definitely shot on film. There's one scene in a particular episode involving a microscope that never would've worked on videotape.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Rick Thompson said:
It's a shame this film came out after CDs supplanted LPs. The original title was "Naked Gun 33-1/3: For the Record." (for you young 'uns, LPs i.e. long-playing records, played at 33-1/3 rpm on the turntable).

What's a turntable?

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Dr Griffin said:
What's a turntable?
Given that I see brand new vinyl for sale at Fry's, Barnes and Noble, and even Whole Foods, the joke that people don't know what a record album or turntable is in 2015 is getting kind of old. ;)

And we need Top Secret! on Blu Ray too. Omar Sharif's greatest role!

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
SilverWook said:
Given that I see brand new vinyl for sale at Fry's, Barnes and Noble, and even Whole Foods, the joke that people don't know what a record album or turntable is in 2015 is getting kind of old. ;)

And we need Top Secret! on Blu Ray too. Omar Sharif's greatest role!

Duly noted and I'll be sure to adjust my behavior. ;) :rolleyes:

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I believe Police Squad! would be CBS and they'd probably give the series better treatment than Paramount has given the films (see: Star Trek: TNG).

The back covers for 2 1/2 and 33 1/3 are up on Amazon and it looks like WB hasn't carried over the trailers and DVD commentaries. The Blu-Ray for the first film (released by Paramount, not WB) did. Bummer, considering WB has been pretty good with carrying over existing extras, save for the occassional music video.

And the TV scenes... bummer we'll probably never see those officially released. (There are no doubt even more scenes for both Airplane! movies that have never been seen in any version.)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Paramount left them off the European releases, so it makes me wonder if a legal issue cropped up after the DVD release. (Maybe something similar to the Hughes commentary being dropped on later releases of Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Brandon Conway said:
Paramount left them off the European releases, so it makes me wonder if a legal issue cropped up after the DVD release. (Maybe something similar to the Hughes commentary being dropped on later releases of Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

Was it something they said? The big elephant in the room* barely came up, so what could they have objected to?

*O.J. getting on the other side of the law.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
MatthewA said:
Was it something they said? The big elephant in the room* barely came up, so what could they have objected to?

*O.J. getting on the other side of the law.

True story: After the murders at Brentwood happened, people in a certain movie theater (don't remember which one exactly) booed the moment O.J. came on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks