What's new

Does Anyone Remember . . . (1 Viewer)

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Many years ago on the late movie, I saw a film -- I believe it was British -- about some men who bought a rundown, money-losing moviehouse and came up with a brilliant idea to make it profitable:

They showed only films that took place in the desert, and cranked the heat in the theater as high as it would go. They made a fortune selling drinks, and one scene showed people crawling up the aisles to buy water.

But I don't remember the name. Does anyone? Is it available on video?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is a delightful and sometimes hilarious movie -- much in the style of the Ealing classics -- with an outstanding cast (in addition to Sellers, we get Margaret Rutherford, Bill Travers and Virginia McKenna (the last two were actual husband and wife, and also starred in BORN FREE), and a whole bunch of British character actors. Members of HTF ought to especially enjoy the theme of the film, and its inside jokes about theatrical exhibition. Well worth a (decently-priced) purchase for those of you who are all-region capable. Go straight to Amazon UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks