What's new

The Partridge Family, The Complete Series from Mill Creek, Sept 1st, 2015 (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well folks I was hoping for a Seasons 3 and 4 release of The Partridge Family from Mill Creek (as I noted in a earlier thread here). But it seems that Mill Creek is going the full Monty and releasing all 4 seasons on DVD come September 1st.

The Partridge Family, The Complete Series from Mill Creek

I do not know if this is a new transfer or if Mill Creek is re-using the existing transfers from the older Sony release ( I strongly suspect the latter). I was hoping somewhat for a Blu release as this show was apparently shot on film and would probably benefit from a HD transfer. But it doesn't seem like anyone wants to pony up for a HD transfer, a la The Twilight Zone.

Anyway, looks like I have to double-dip (on the first 3 seasons if I want to complete my collection come September (or maybe wait for the inevitable price drop).

PartridgeFamily_CompleteSeriesDVD.jpg

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
A couple episodes were released on the Sony release of the Partridge family. Its a HB show but owned by Sony who doesn't have any interest in Saturday morning shows. So it will most likely never be released. Same thing for the HB Jeannie cartoon. Its owned by Sony and no interest in releasing it.

bretmaverick2 said:
Has there ever been a release of the Partridge Family 2020???

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Randy Korstick said:
A couple episodes were released on the Sony release of the Partridge family. Its a HB show but owned by Sony who doesn't have any interest in Saturday morning shows. So it will most likely never be released. Same thing for the HB Jeannie cartoon. Its owned by Sony and no interest in releasing it.
Little wonder why I could not find the Jeannie cartoon on Amazon or anywhere for that matter. Too bad as a lot of cartoons are at least making their way to MOD DVD.

The Jeannie cartoon series itself bears little resemblance to the original TV series. For one Jeannie's master (Corey) is a high school student and the whole show seems to be aimed at preteens/young teens. No Barbara Eden or Larry Hagman. And I found the character Babu (voiced by one-time Stooge Joe Besser) irritating as all getup. Think Jar Jar Binks in a 70s cartoon.
Still I'd buy the DVD in a heartbeat.
Jeannie_Cartoon1.jpg

Back to the Partridge Family, sad to say I never saw Partridge Family 2200. Another one for the never-seen bucket list.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah Warner Archive who owns most of the HB library would most likely have released both of these shows by now if they had the rights. The only HB they do not control are shows like this one where the TV show/characters are still owned by the studio who produced it so they own everything associated with it. Like Warner owns everything Tarzan except for the Disney Cartoon. Another exception is The 1967 HB Fantastic Four cartoon which they have a claim to and Disney/Marvel also does. And since this is an old Saturday morning cartoon and not something with the sales potential of The Batman TV series the likelihood of them every even attempting a deal for that cartoon is little to none.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Here's what the new packaging is like:

I have the last complete series collection with the stacked discs but I am interested in the Mill Creek re-release for Good Times. I don't like how the entire series is crammed onto less discs but I like the pricing.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
There was a tag scene on a season 1 episode that Sony stupidly (and I mean STUPIDLY) cut from the DVD in 2005.

I doubt it will be restored in this current one. The chances are about as good as being injured on a Roller Coaster.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Ouch! I'm glad I have the Sony Version with 8 episodes per disc.

With The way Mill Creek does their Blu-Rays it would probably have at least 16 episodes.

Tony Bensley said:
96 episodes on 8 discs = 12 episodes per disc!

Mill Creek does realize these are NOT Blu-rays, right? :rolleyes:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Randy Korstick said:
Ouch! I'm glad I have the Sony Version with 8 episodes per disc.

With The way Mill Creek does their Blu-Rays it would probably have at least 16 episodes.
Hi Randy!

In my admittedly limited experience with Mill Creek Blu-rays, they don't seem to cram any more content, in terms of total running time, than they do on their DVD's.

That said, 12 Half Hour Episodes per DVD seems rather high, even by Mill Creek's standards!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I purchased The entire series (Individual Season Sets) for a wallet-busting $16.00 plus tax during a "National Day of Insanity" sale at ROSS a few years ago! :biggrin: :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
David Cassidy is reportedly in critical condition due to organ failure. I hope he pulls through. He's been battling dementia and alcoholism for a while now.

I loved The Partridge Family when I was a kid---it actually premiered 2 days before I was born, but I watched afternoon re-runs when I was in grade school. As a child, the family dynamic on the show confused me a bit---Reuben wasn't the dad, but who WAS he?

My mom passed away last year and while looking through her photos, I came across some of a party from the 1960s that she attended, along with David's dad, Jack Cassidy. Around the same time, David went public with his dementia diagnosis, so I scanned the pics and emailed them to his website manager. She was very nice and said she'd pass them along to him. I never got a response (I didn't expect one), but I hope he saw them.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
David Cassidy is reportedly in critical condition due to organ failure. I hope he pulls through. He's been battling dementia and alcoholism for a while now.

I loved The Partridge Family when I was a kid---it actually premiered 2 days before I was born, but I watched afternoon re-runs when I was in grade school. As a child, the family dynamic on the show confused me a bit---Reuben wasn't the dad, but who WAS he?

My mom passed away last year and while looking through her photos, I came across some of a party from the 1960s that she attended, along with David's dad, Jack Cassidy. Around the same time, David went public with his dementia diagnosis, so I scanned the pics and emailed them to his website manager. She was very nice and said she'd pass them along to him. I never got a response (I didn't expect one), but I hope he saw them.
David Cassidy's general health in the last few years is indeed, the stuff of sadness!

Unfortunately, most forms of dementia are largely irreversible, which makes maintaining a decent quality of life an eventual losing battle.

Reuben Kincaid (The late Dave Madden) was the Partridge's Manager, although it could be argued that he sometimes also acted as a sort of surrogate (Though the word wasn't applied that way in the early '70s!) father, with Mother Partridge (Shirley Jones) being an unattached widow.

Sorry for the loss of your mom! It sounds like she had a very interesting life.

CHEERS! :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
David Cassidy's general health in the last few years is indeed, the stuff of sadness! Unfortunately, most forms of dementia are largely irreversible, which makes maintaining a decent quality of life an eventual losing battle.

Indeed. I understand what his family must be going through. I fear for my own long-term memory and mental health now more than ever because my (paternal) grandmother and my (maternal) uncle both have different forms of dementia, thus establishing it on both sides of my family. What scares me about it is that my grandmother is 98 but my uncle is 62! I also stay away from alcohol (outside of the occasional glass of wine or apple cider), sugar (which is in so many commercially produced foods that aren't even dessert foods it's scary) and tobacco and get plenty of exercise. Hopefully by the time I'm that age they'll have thought of something.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Hopefully by the time I'm that age they'll have thought of something.
If it's any comfort, when I was planning for retirement, my consultant, in all seriousness, said that I should plan to have enough money to live comfortably until at least age 105. I thought he was joking until he showed me data about medical improvements and longer lifespans. "You certainly don't want to live to 100 and run out of money at that point," he said.

It really opened my eyes. So there is hope. My best wishes to you and your family.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
David Cassidy's general health in the last few years is indeed, the stuff of sadness!
Reuben Kincaid (The late Dave Madden) was the Partridge's Manager, although it could be argued that he sometimes also acted as a sort of surrogate (Though the word wasn't applied that way in the early '70s!) father, with Mother Partridge (Shirley Jones) being an unattached widow.
Sorry for the loss of your mom! It sounds like she had a very interesting life.

Thank you...she did indeed have a very interesting life. Someday maybe I'll post some things about her.

Some of David's recent concert footage that people have posted is really heartbreaking and difficult to watch. His mom had dementia, so I imagine that it was a worry for him, but long-term alcohol abuse in itself can also cause a form of dementia, so it definitely doesn't help the situation.

I've watched the entire series again in recent years, so I understand now that Reuben was their manager, but when I was 5 or 6 years old I couldn't grasp the relationship and why he was always hanging around! ^_^

Last edited:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
If it's any comfort, when I was planning for retirement, my consultant, in all seriousness, said that I should plan to have enough money to live comfortably until at least age 105. I thought he was joking until he showed me data about medical improvements and longer lifespans. "You certainly don't want to live to 100 and run out of money at that point," he said.

It really opened my eyes. So there is hope. My best wishes to you and your family.

Yeah, I know about how long people will live but what exactly will you be spending money on when you're in your 80s and above?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks