What's new

Jessica Jones (Netflix) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As the pace of news about the second series in Netflix's multi-series Marvel Cinematic Universe "Defenders" event has started to pick up speed, I thought I'd start a thread for discussion specific to this show.

For reference:
MARVEL is bringing four new live-action shows to Netflix leading to a "Defenders event" (Overarching thread)
Daredevil (Netflix) (Daredevil-specific thread)

New logo:
JJ_S01_001.jpg

Release date:
Fourth Quarter (October-December) 2015

Synopsis:
Ever since her short-lived stint as a Super Hero ended in tragedy, Jessica Jones has been rebuilding her personal life and career as a hot-tempered, sardonic, badass private detective in Hell's Kitchen, New York City. Plagued by self-loathing, and a wicked case of PTSD, Jessica battles demons from within and without, using her extraordinary abilities as an unlikely champion for those in need... especially if they're willing to cut her a check.

Cast:
Starring Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones, Mike Colter as Luke Cage, Rachael Taylor as Trish "Patsy" Walker, Erin Moriarty as Hope, Eka Darville as Malcolm, Wil Traval as an NYPD officer with Carrie-Anne Moss as Harper and David Tennant as Kilgrave

Rosario Dawson to appear

Alias comic series co-creator Brian Michael Bendis on the show:
The show is so good. I have seen the first couple of episodes and because i didn’t work on it directly i can say this with full no ego fanfare: i loved it!!

and believe me, i was going to be the hardest on it. harder than any of you.

jessica is a part of my DNA. A bad jessica jones show would have hurt me deeply.

BUT it is faithful and lively and everything that I could personally have wanted from the show. the mean streets of marvel netflix from a different perspective than matt’s but at the same time… it all fits. just like the comics on their best day. and just like Netflix DD, the look of the show is cracklin’ noir but with its own palette.
Showrunner:
Melissa Rosenberg ("Dexter", the Twilight movies)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I don't know the character at all, but given Marvel's track record and the great show that Daredevil is, I'm eager to see this.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Definitely an interesting premise here. I'm looking forward to it.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm guessing there will be some changes from Alias.

Obviously, with his status as hit movie star, we won't see Ant Man plowing Jessica Jones on the Netflix show. The Luke Cage anal scene may or may not survive, since Cage is getting his own Netflix show, isnt' he?

/sweet christmas.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The Obsolete Man said:
The Luke Cage anal scene may or may not survive, since Cage is getting his own Netflix show, isnt' he?
Is he very fastidious in the comics? ;)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Official photos!

JJ_S01_002.jpg

Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones

JJ_S01_003.jpg

Mike Colter as Luke Cage

JJ_S01_004.jpg

David Tennant as Kilgrave

JJ_S01_005.jpg

Carrie-Anne Moss as Harper and Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones

JJ_S01_006.jpg

Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones and Rachael Taylor as Trish Walker

The series premieres on November 20th of this year, exclusively on Netflix.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I hear Jessica Jones and I keep thinking Jessica Rabbit. Not a comic book reader, so I have no clue what this show is.

But that cast! Kysten Ritter, Mike Colter and David Tennant will get me to watch this show. And having Daredevil good will, I will give this show a try.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm really liking the look of this. These teasers are fun.

Since it drops in November, I figure a full trailer probably sometime in October.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Carrie Anne Moss's character has been revealed as Jeri Hogarth, a gender bent version of Jeryn Hogarth from the comics.

Based on reports coming out of New York Comic-Con, if you've ever wondered what sex between two invulnerable superheroes with super-strength would be like, the series premiere is going to show you. Apparently the Jessica Jones/Luke Cage sex scene left a lot of jaws on the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks