What's new

Beginner - Home Audio System! Advice? (1 Viewer)

alhosu

Auditioning
Real Name
Alejandro
Hello,

I recently bought an apartment and it is equipped with speakers everywhere! So I want to find a way to make them work. I think the speakers I have are pretty good so it will be a shame not to use them.

What I want is basically to know what extra equipment I need to buy to have my TV in the living room connected to the speakers (surround sound system) to watch movies, and how can I play music in all the house for example.

To start let me first show you a scheme of the audio system:

zLRnC8hUWkb7FSj9WfIxFjMhKb26r6OejtVTA5OCP4uV=w567-h755-no

Basically, I have 16 in-ceiling speakers and 3 in-wall speakers. There is a hole in the ceiling where I think a subwoofer is missing. The system in the living room (where the main TV is located) it is composed by 3 in-wall speakers, 4 in-ceiling speakers where you are suppose to sit to watch TV and 1 subwoofer (missing) (See the photos)

FxNLmUfzTiax7tushCULL3Uf7bDkQ4mUvmFn-lSRMJkt=w1007-h755-no
_Iz3YFVHNnfC1-h3zcxIjPMvQOI1jmR_sw12MwW4bAm9=w1007-h755-no

The in-ceiling speakers are speakercraft CRS8 One:

http://www.speakercraft.com/products/architectural-speakers/in-ceiling/crs?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_sc.tpl&product_id=58&category_id=44

The in-wall speakers are speakercraft MT8:

http://www.amazon.com/SpeakerCraft-MT8-Three-In-wall-Speaker/dp/B000X38N6C

There are 2 speakers in the Kitchen, 2 speakers in the Master Bedroom, 2 speakers in the office, 2 speakers in the 2nd Bedroom, 2 speakers in the corridor and 1 speaker in each bathroom.

Additionally, there is a speakercraft soundstation installed in the 2nd bedroom (it is missing the remote control):

http://www.speakercraft.com/files/files/file/247.pdf

CjDVOW6TDtyU6iNjJEkVo8PcmuvfMh8kU7c9o2GDEFpZ=w1007-h755-no

This soundstation in the 2nd bedroom controls the speakers of the 2nd bedroom only. I made a connection to have audio coming from the TV in the 2nd bedroom and an additional source like an ipod:

VvjtDnjaUCu7qbrGe3ygzksDm9STzkbKlBwRITdp0XCf=w567-h755-no

F9IFEmqDZYceP46sGe-UIp9u3M-UiSEByq_nEsXVTOFb=w1007-h755-no

All the cables for the speakers can be found in a closet near the master bedroom. All cables are more less properly label:

oYHFhQKm7AeqMEt6W_T25LJX0RsAKbfIocyCcv0X98dX=w567-h755-no

DA3SLYVD-QjAk8HJmB7AzNS25OmNgkAuJBdhU8MDeNJQ=w567-h755-no

For all the speakers (other than the ones in the living room) there is 2 cables, one white and one blue cable.

6LsObbWMR1UZP9fPKddi0DXEqIksLLguCyJhxQspuBtY=w1007-h755-no

For the speakers in the living room (including the subwoofer) there is only the white cable

mkf8f8ie3xGxU867MaUsyGEgwje_e9qpIe9EdmU8v4ir=w567-h755-no

As you can imagine I have many questions, and I will really appreciate if you can give me some guidance. I guess I am gonna need a receiver, but I don't know which one (it has to work with 19 speakers + 1 subwoofer). Probably, I also want a zone control. So here are my questions:

1- The TV in the living room is connected to a comcast box and I also include a HDMI connection:

SBUn_JLOPs-clDD9jkt1hf3e6KVorEkNKZsV1VlG65QZ=w1007-h755-no

How can I connect my TV to the speakers (at least to the ones in the living room). The cables for the speakers are in the closet which is probably 50 feet from the TV.

I was thinking to have the comcast box, a blue-ray and a receiver in the closet connected to the speakers but the problem is how to send the video to the TV? There is a cable from the closet to the TV but it is a coaxial cable, which I doubt will give me good quality image (the TV is 4K).

2. Why there is only one cable (1 white and 1 blue) for the speakers in the master bedroom (office and 2nd bedroom) where there are 2 speakers, and also one cable for the bathrooms where there is only 1 speaker? I was expecting to see 1 cable per speaker, so probably 2 cables for the master bedroom.

3. What is the blue cable?

4. What do you recommend for the missing subwoofer? Here are some pictures of the hole

dmtXMIR7uHnqxEFiW-LMtnPxAijN3WhMP14avZfxfm3f=w567-h755-no

qw9r2PiSHIWggfTlnYrL0zPtsnkfuLfuaPHKs7RSSjOz=w1007-h755-no

KpXRkw6zxhyZqALF38ZwElAL3YxWQNtUxxPcyFROxrgP=w567-h755-no

I will greatly appreciate any guidance that you can give me. I probably will have to hire an expert to figure this out, but I want to be a bit informed before to know exactly what hardware I need to buy.

Thanks!

alhosu

Auditioning
Real Name
Alejandro
Sure, I will call an expert.

But I would like to have some idea of what I need (receiver, amplifier, etc.). I want to be a bit informed before calling someone.

Thank you!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Any "Zone 2 preout AVR"(unless you want more zones and the ability to matrix the zones)...

The two(four) single speakers in the bathrooms(hallway included...)...

Mono(hallway, a right and left, both mono?) or single source stereo?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks