What's new

System Advice (1 Viewer)

DynoDon

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I am going to set up a 2.1 system for video and music.. I am thinking about Magnapan .7's and a powered sub.. I don't think there is an A/V receiver that will have the current to drive them. I need something with an HDMI for an OPPO Bluray output. Do I find the cheapest A/V receiver with 2 channel preamp outs to drive a stereo amp? Do I find a A/v preamp with 2 channel preamp outs? I want to streaming also. I don't need surround sound options as it is a small living room and I am only need 2.1. I'm thinking of something like an Odyssey Khartago stereo amp. I'm looking for an inexpensive way to set this up.

DynoDon

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Can I run the Oppo directly into the amp? I don't see a .1 or subwoofer output though.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

That’s a basic amp, it requires a pre-amp in front of it. It’ll probably be hard to find a stereo pre amp with streaming and video connections. Probably best to get the cheapest A/V receiver you can find with those features and pre-amp outputs.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks