What's new

The Good Dinosaur (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Can you mix humans and dinosaurs? ;) I mean seriously, millions of kids will watch this and think that they both existed together. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm always in for a Pixar movie.

Whatever behind the scenes debacle went on, this movie will be a huge hit because kids love dinosaurs. And I can't even imagine how many plush dino toys they're going to sell during the holidays.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Does it have no speaking parts? It will be an interesting experiment to make a movie without a single line of dialog.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This look like a very fun movie, and judging by the trailer lots of warm fuzzy moments. Wish it were out now.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
DUH, now I get it.

What if the asteroid that wiped out dinosaurs 65 million years ago missed Earth? And what if humans and dinos evolved alongside each other.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
SamT said:
Does it have no speaking parts? It will be an interesting experiment to make a movie without a single line of dialog.

?? The child says "Hello" in the trailer, so not sure why you're asking that question.

I find the mixture of the photorealistic setting and cartoony main characters to be a bit disconcerting. it's like they didn't know what kind of movie they wanted to make.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I don't see this being a "huge hit". It looks like a cute "Direct to DVD" kinda movie. I think its only saving grace is that it comes in after the wave of Jurrasic World so families MAY still be in a dino mode.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I didn't realize this was Pixar. I thought it was Disney. But I watched the Zootopia trailer to compare and that's Disney vs Disney*Pixar for Dino.

Ok. I'm in :)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm more looking forward to "Zootopia" than this film. The production problems this film suffered all point to another "Brave".

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I enjoyed Brave quite a bit. I don't think Pixar has produced a bad film yet - sure, some are better than others, but I have enjoyed them all.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I agree. Brave was a let down for us. None of the kiddos liked it and I just didn't feel it like many of the other Pixar outings. It was cute for the young girl crowd maybe, but not near as memorable as their other classic movies.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Car 2 is by FAR the worst, Pixar movie I think I've seen. It was purely made to cash in. It was HORRIBLE. As much as I don't like Brave, it was 100 times better than Cars 2.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think Brave and Cars 2 are two different types of movies so it's tough to compare them. As a simple adventure-comedy, Cars 2 worked for the most part. Brave seemed to aspire to higher goals and didn't really meet them. Once again, I don't think Brave is a bad movie just not as memorable or a true classic like many of the Pixar movies.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
Pixar + dinosaurs + holiday moviegoing = about a billion dollars worldwide

I'm not saying that the movie will be good or bad just that it's got elements that all but guarantee making money.
I agree. There is no such thing as a sure thing when it comes to profitable movies, but your equation sums things up nicely. Everything is in order for this movie to do insanely well at the box office.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks