What's new

Ray Donovan Season 3 (1 Viewer)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Ray Donovan season 3 started with a bang. Ep 2 aired last night. It's cool to see Ian McShane this season.

Even though it's an hour long show, it cranks by and feels like only 30 minutes.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
"Ray Donovan" doesn't attract online attention like shows that pander to modern notions of political correctness do, so it's consistently overlooked in discussions of the best shows on television. It's my favourite series on TV right now, well-acted, adult, and relentless. And I think the fact that it's popular without help from the constant chatter of online sources is a sign of what a powerful and unique show it is.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Ian McShane?! I may have to catch up with this on BD down the road. I watched the first season and enjoyed it but not enough to renew Showtime for the second.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
They are great together and I know this season's going to ramp up to something awesome.

Looks like Ray has sold his soul for his brother, at least for a year or so.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
"This is taking far longer than I thought it would."

Holy Schnikes!! So unexpected, so brazen, so blunt, so perfectly in character [for both the actor and his role].

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Ray is playing with fire again by leveraging the daughter against the father. It will not end well.

This episode sets up some conflicts that will end spectacularly.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
This has to be my favorite show on right now. The acting is fantastic and the story line this season is awesome.

I feel sorry for Bridget's teacher, that's not going to end well.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Another great episode, the return of Agent Cox was fantastic. When he was knocking on FInney's door with the poker, my jaw dropped.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Lol it seems as if I'm discussing this show with myself. No one else is watching? Ah, you don't know what you're missing.

Jon Voight is great in this past episode, so conniving. And Ray, who seems to want a normal life can't seem to break free from the sins of his past and how those sins keep perpetuating. Ray doesn't know it but that is his "normal".

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
It's the best show on TV right now, I think. The actors are terrific, the situations never stop twisting around, and the atmosphere is electric. Best of all, it's good nasty fun, without a life lesson or enlightening role model in sight. I think "Ray Donovan" is the closest thing to "The Sopranos" since "The Sopranos", in every way.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I have access, but have not watched the first 2 seasons yet, so when I catch part of an episode of this current season, while I understand some of the overarching themes, I know that I'm still missing integral parts. I just need to get caught up with seasons 1 and 2 first, then hope my friend has recorded off all of season 3.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Well the season ended with a bang. And left plenty of cliffhangers.

Where's Ray going with the priest?

Where is Bridget going?

Will Terry live?

Will Micky be back?

Will the Armenians retaliate?

Will we see Daryl again?

Can't wait until season 4!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I wonder if the last episode was filmed before renewal that felt a lot like a series finale, wrapped up a lot of threads including rays faith/redemption. And it was ambivalent of his fate ala sopranos. If that was it I'd be content

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
That is one interesting, absorbing, unpredictable, complicated show. And the season's final episode was very confidently presented by the cast and crew right up to the amazing, ambiguous final shot. This is a series with a blend of characters unlike anything else on television, and the producers of "Ray Donovan" certainly seem to know they're onto a good thing.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Dave Scarpa said:
I wonder if the last episode was filmed before renewal that felt a lot like a series finale, wrapped up a lot of threads including rays faith/redemption. And it was ambivalent of his fate ala sopranos. If that was it I'd be content

It did feel that way Dave, but I am happy they are going to continue with the story. I would like to see the fallout of Finney's arrest. Oh and the Armenians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks