What's new

So if a tree falls in your front yard... (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So if a tree falls in your front yard and you're not there to hear it, did it make a sound?
I come home last Friday night from a day at Dragon Con, and than a rain-delayed Braves baseball game, and see
p9015208.jpg

------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

KyleS

Screenwriter
At least it wasnt a big fur tree that went through your house
wink.gif

Sorry about your luck hopefully the rest of the tree will live without its other 1/3rd.
KyleS

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Looks like it could have been worse, Patrick. It still sucks -I know. But it even looks like the tree itself will survive. :)
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Roman Polanski's - The Fearless Vampire Killers?

Julie K

Screenwriter
Ouch. That's sad for the tree, but at least you didn't have to title your post "So if a tree falls in your house..." :)
You might want to trim the region on the trunk where the branch broke off and maybe even go to a gardening center to see if they recommend sealing the cut.
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Jin E

Second Unit
Man!!! For those of you who do not know much about the housing market in Metro Atlanta...
The contractors usually clear cut an area and shave off the top soil and sell it off before they start building houses. Those Schmucks hundreds of thousands of dollars for their houses in Metro Atlanta usually have to buy top soil and trees once their house is built (at excessive prices too!) Knowing what a lot of people in the Metro Atlanta area get charged for trees in their yard... you lost about $300 worth of tree there!
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
I'd say your "Sunosub" might have had something to do with it.
biggrin.gif
Maybe another brand tree can handle the bottom end without falling to pieces on you. Do you think the dealer would let you trade it for a higher end model?
Pete

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Was there a storm that you missed?? or was it windy that day??
Brent L

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was a very windy storm that night.
Yeah, those bradford pear trees suck. I'm thinking about just uprooting the entire tree now since its curb appeal is almost zero now that almost half of the backside of the tree is gone...
frown.gif

I swear my subwoofer's amp was not plugged in! :)
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; DIY Mains ; DIY CC ; Sunosub I + II + III ; DVDs ; Link Removed
[Edited last by Patrick Sun on September 04, 2001 at 03:43 PM]

Kendal Kirk

Stunt Coordinator
The same thing happened to me when I lived in Duluth, GA, April, 98. I think we must have lived on the same block. I had a giant pine tree snap 15 feet from the ground during the tornado. The only problem, we were at home!!! Luckly we had no damage either accept for the unsitely mess.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kendal, how did y'all dispose of the mess? I'm guessing I'm going to have to find a tree removal place out of the phone book to get this stuff out of the front yard (it's just not feasible for me to do this myself at this point in time).
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; DIY Mains ; DIY CC ; Sunosub I + II + III ; DVDs ; Link Removed
[Edited last by Patrick Sun on September 05, 2001 at 07:01 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks