What's new

International Electric Light Orchestra Out of the Blue Live and Wembley 1978 (1 Viewer)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Most of the music I listened to in high school makes me cringe today, but one of the few exceptions is ELO. It's fun, unpretentious and has good old fashioned rock n roll as its base. I just got a blu-ray of their concert in 1978 and I wanted to let folks know about it... It's standard definition, not HD but don't let that turn you off to it. It includes a treasure trove of extras.

The 1978 Wembley concert is in 5.1, but it's basically very good stereo with a few audience sound effects thrown to the rear. The sound is a little thick and the vocals are mixed down, but the performance is fantastic. The only drag is the late 70s cheezy video effects that turn the screen into some sort of weak digital kaleidoscope every once in a while. They run through 14 songs in a little over an hour. Great stuff, especially Lynne's guitar and Bevan's drums.

I'm working my way through the extras right now... they are even better than the main concert, all in good picture and sound...

Live At Brunel University 1973 (four songs)
Live On Rockpalast 1974 (8 songs plus interview)
Fusion 1976 (13 songs)
Discovery 1979 (8 songs)

All together it appears to run over 3 1/2 hours. The early two shows from 73 and 74 are worth the price of the disk alone. I played it without changing my region settings, so I believe it's all region. I can double check that if someone wants that info. I definitely recommend this one.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I grew up listening to ELO but can't decide whether to get this. What I will be buying is Jeff Lynne's ELO at Hyde Park. I watched this on the BBC and it will be released on blu-ray in September. Fantastic concert/documentary,

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Jeff is legendary for hating his live performances so its surprising that this made it out.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
These hilight the other guys too. The strings hog it, but the drummer is SOLID!

You know, I was thinking about it and Lynne's insecurity may be why we have one budget priced blu with everything on it instead of four full priced DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks