What's new

The Minions - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So, the fun yellow cronies from "Despicable Me" are the stars of their own movie.

For the most part, it's the origin story of the Minions, and a fun romp through villainy in the 1960s. It had a groovy soundtrack with songs from that era, and it focused mainly on Kevin, Stuart and Bob, as if any of us can really keep them apart from an identification standpoint from all the other minions.

At least the minions are consistent in their character traits, and the film's plot is okay for basically a kids' film.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I thought "Minions" was a snoozer. Admittedly, I wasn't wild about the 2 "DM" movies, but they were better than this one.

As hard as the filmmakers try, it's hard to make a movie around largely non-verbal, largely interchangeable lead characters. This one never gets off the ground and it feels like it runs forever - it plods and plods as it goes nowhere.

Slow, dull and without enough wit, this one is a dud...

Squire

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Took the twins to see it yesterday. They are five and loved it! I thought it was cute but never really laugh at loud funny. I actually nodded off for a second a couple of time! I love the original Despicable Me and so would rate that a 10. Minions by comparison is about a 6 and that's probably being generous because it was a hit with the kids.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I thought it was perfectly funny, though I agree the DM movies are better. I wasn't at all disappointed in this though.

marsd11

Auditioning
Real Name
Mario Decunto
Digital animation was Spot ON! Excellent graphics and imaginative characters, scenes and comedy sketches. The plot line did not stick together as well and was predictable - but this is for kids - remember ;) - not really. We've been spoiled by Pixar, with great stories and graphics to match. Minions was more like great graphics and btw there's a story to match.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks