What's new

Best system for $300 (1 Viewer)

Rasheedb

Auditioning
Real Name
Rasheed
I'm new to buying home theater equipment and would like advice for buying a nice surround system for my room, preferably a wireless sound bar and sub-woofer. I also would like to be able to add speakers to my set over time. What would be the best model to purchase? Would there a noticeable difference in sound quality is I pay an extra $100?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Hello Rasheed,

First, welcome to the Forum.

For starters, a surround sound system and sound bar are two different concepts to audio for video, and they are not compatible. If you get a sound bar you will not be able to add additional speakers to it later.

The next issue is your budget. Three hundred dollars is hovering at the bottom end of the spectrum. Not sure how many good recommendations you can expect from the people at this Forum, who typically regard $300 as the price of a decent speaker – a single speaker. However, I did a search for “best sound bar with wireless subwoofer under $300” and found this. Maybe it will be helpful. And yes, at this price range I’d expect an additional $100 to make a noticeable improvement.

http://akhildev143.hubpages.com/hub/Top-15-Best-Soundbars-Under-300-Worth-Every-Penny-to-buy-online

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
Rasheedb said:
I'm new to buying home theater equipment and would like advice for buying a nice surround system for my room, preferably a wireless sound bar and sub-woofer. I also would like to be able to add speakers to my set over time. What would be the best model to purchase? Would there a noticeable difference in sound quality is I pay an extra $100?
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you will get better sound, features, everything as you add $100, $200, etc. $300 will barely get you something of a "home theater." But you can find pretty good soundbar solutions for that, I see several every time I visit Costco. (I like the Yamaha, they had a rebate in June.) I would shop at a price club like that where you can test drive it for a month or two, and return it if you're dissatisfied (some restrictions apply).

As Wayne said, you can't upgrade a soundbar, only replace it. If you shop for an AVR and speakers, you can start with a system that you can grow with, e.g. get bookshelf speakers for left and right, that later become your Surround Left and Surround Right as you get better speakers for the front. You can get a modest powered sub to supplement your left and right speakers, then add a center channel to get better localization of dialog for movies (it's extraneous for music unless you WANT music to have "movie sound"). For $300 you'll have a hard time buying an entry level AVR and entry level main speakers. Saving up $300 more will make a huge difference in the results. Huge.

Since you just joined, I recommend you read any stickies on the forum related to "starting out" or "before you ask." You can also find some shopping guides at Audioholics, Sound & Vision, etc. You will get more specific and useful help here if you have learned the basics, understand the jargon and fundamentals, and ask more specific questions, e.g. "Am I better off with the Samsung soundbar model ABC123 which has a bar, wireless sub, or buying AVR model ABC-123 at Accessories4less.com and add two speakers and a sub from Monoprice.com?"

Make sense?

johnny cleveland

Auditioning
Real Name
johnny cleveland
Hello Rasheedb,
First of all welcome to the forum.

you want a soundbar which will be around $300 and you need a wireless sourdbar. At the same time you are confused with the soundbar or sub-woofer right? You will be amazed to hear that now you can find a soundbar with sub-woofer. Yes I am right. There are lots of qulaity soundbar under $300. To learn more you can visit the article.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you again.

resetbevy

Auditioning
Real Name
Susie
Hello Rasheedb,
First of all welcome to the forum.

you want a soundbar which will be around $300 and you need a wireless sourdbar. At the same time you are confused with the soundbar or sub-woofer right? You will be amazed to hear that now you can find a soundbar with sub-woofer. Yes I am right. There are lots of quality soundbar under $300. To learn more you can visit the article.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you again.

thanks for the suggestion mate,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks