What's new

Scream Factory Announces 10 New Blu-ray's (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
From Scream Factory's Facebook page..

***HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT OF 10 UPCOMING TITLES!***
We just revealed the following upcoming Scream Factory blu-ray releases at our Comic Con panel this evening. Here's the exciting line-up:

1. WOMEN’S PRISON MASSACRE (1983) - First women-in-prison film in the Scream Factory roster. Bonus points for being Italian-made.
2. BLOOD AND LACE (1971) – First time ever on a home entertainment format!
3. TROLL (1986) – Which will be paired with Troll 2 as a double feature.
4. GHOST STORY (1981)
5. THE GUARDIAN (1990) – From the Director of The Exorcist!
6. THE CAR (1977)
7. NIGHTMARES (1983
8. DEATH BECOMES HER(1992)
9. GARBAGE PAIL KIDS: THE MOVIE (Collector’s Edition) (1987) – Not horror of course, but “gross” enough!
10. THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (Collector’s Edition) (1985)

We have no details to report on this time other than that Death Becomes Her, Blood and Lace and Troll are slated for November 2015 street dates. The rest will roll-out in the months to follow with ROTLD likely releasing in Summer / Fall of 2016.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Ghost Story (1981) is on my 80s Favourites List. Fred Astaire's swan song if you will.

ghost_story_poster_01.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yay! I've been waiting for a decent version of "Death Becomes Her" for years.

I've never understood why Universal was sitting on this title, doing nothing. You have a great supernatural comedy directed by Robert Zemeckis, and starring Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn, and Bruce Willis, and you don't want to release it?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
atfree said:
2. BLOOD AND LACE (1971) – First time ever on a home entertainment format!

It technically was available through Amazon from a few labels, but this is the first official release. The rest were probably bootlegs.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
atfree said:
From Scream Factory's Facebook page..

***HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT OF 10 UPCOMING TITLES!***
We just revealed the following upcoming Scream Factory blu-ray releases at our Comic Con panel this evening. Here's the exciting line-up:

1. WOMEN’S PRISON MASSACRE (1983) - First women-in-prison film in the Scream Factory roster. Bonus points for being Italian-made.

could be semantics, considering that shout already released roger corman's women in cages collection, sort of remember Pam Grier locked up in a sadistic prison in one and Sid Haig, being well Sid Haig.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
A lot of Universal stuff in this announcement, which gives me hope for an eventual Blu release of ICEMAN and COLOSSUS: THE FORBIN PROJECT.

P

Patrick Donahue

JoHud said:
It technically was available through Amazon from a few labels, but this is the first official release. The rest were probably bootlegs.
I was wondering about that because you can buy it on Anazon right now for $12

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im in for probably 5 of the 10.. I was pleased with the titles announced. Im one of those who doesnt expect Fright Night, Fright Night II, Critters and Phantasm :)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
SAhmed said:
I'm in for "The Car", "Ghost Story" and "Blood And Black Lace"

Regards,

The film Shout licensed is a 1971 horror flick, not the 1964 Bava giallo - just in case you're confusing them ;)

I'm in for Ghost Story, Death Becomes Her and The Guardian. Will have to research the rest. I sincerely hope Shout is given access to a great master for DBH. The film has languished in mediocrity long enough.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Cremildo said:
I want Ghost Story, sight unseen. The cast is phenomenal and I liked the book.
GHOST STORY is an interesting film, for sure. It makes mincemeat of the far superior but very complex novel by Peter Straub, yet it has its own charm and, more importantly, atmosphere. Part of this is certainly due to the outstanding Philippe Sarde score (available on CD). But the cast is good, although I just can't warm up to Craig Wasson, either in this or in BODY DOUBLE. I think the outstanding performance was given, not by Fred Astaire or Douglas Fairbanks or Melvyn Douglas or John Houseman, but by Alice Krige (STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT) as a woman wooed by four obnoxious men with tragic results, and how she ultimately extracts revenge on them. She is just terrific -- sensuous and scary by turn, and sometimes both at once. You almost certainly will not regret your purchase.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
SAhmed said:
I'm in for "The Car", "Ghost Story" and "Blood And Black Lace"

Regards,
The CAR and GHOST STORY were huge flops when first released. Both are very tedious films.The reviews for both films were savage.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
cinemiracle said:
The CAR and GHOST STORY were huge flops when first released. Both are very tedious films.The reviews for both films were savage.
I always liked THE CAR.

"Hey, you! Why don't you get outta your big ugly car, huh? We'd like to see what you look like. I'd like to see what a creep like you looks like!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks