What's new

iOS 9 and El Capitan Betas now available for general public testing (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Been running El Capitan since Beta 1 as a primary OS and it has run quite smoothly. Moreso than any other beta to date.

But, for those who are not as adventurous as I was, do heed Sam's advice.

BTW, the Beta Site has been down for hours. So it may take some time to get the public beta.

I am now on Beta 3, which I believe, is the same as the Public Beta version.

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Ron,

What do you personally find different or advantageous in El Capitan versus Yosemite or Mavericks?

I know of several long standing Apple diehards who removed Yosemite from their systems, going back to Mavericks due to speed issues with video in particular. I for one installed Yosemite on my main system last week (I have 5 Macs - 3 Mac Minis and 2 iMacs) and have been having problems with Mail. I'm seeing the spinning beach ball more frequently now.

Raul

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Raul,

First, I will always upgrade to the newest OS X operating system. They have never disappointed me.

Nothing huge about this new release. It is all under the hood. I do notice an increase in speed. Apple has done work under the hood, and it shows.

Other than that, there isn't any new feature that makes me say WOW. Mavericks had more of those features.

And as for Apple Mail, I don't use it, despite its new additions. I use AIRMAIL.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
News and testing split screening was main impetus for me.

There arent any available yet but I intend to install an Ad blocker as soon as I can. I'm going back to one on my laptop too. I'm done, the web can burn itself down as it figures out how to replace the loss of ad revenues, not my problem. As if the auto play videos weren't bad enough, the bullshit tracking from companies I have no relationship with must die.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Looking forward to official release. I plan to upgrade Parallels and then upgrade to Windows 10. And hoping for Office 2016 at HUP pricing from work.

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Ronald Epstein said:
Raul,

First, I will always upgrade to the newest OS X operating system. They have never disappointed me.

Nothing huge about this new release. It is all under the hood. I do notice an increase in speed. Apple has done work under the hood, and it shows.

Other than that, there isn't any new feature that makes me say WOW. Mavericks had more of those features.

And as for Apple Mail, I don't use it, despite its new additions. I use AIRMAIL.

Ron,

I still have 2 POP3 accounts that I use besides my Gmail ones. Do you know if I can use AirMail with POP3 accounts? What benefits do you get from AirMail vs Apple Mail?

Thanks,

Raul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks