Weekly RoundUp 7-7-2015 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Posted Image

The Features

– House of Cards: Season 3 – 2015

– The Killers – 1946 (Ava Gardner)

– The Killers – 1964 (Ronald Reagan & Angie Dickinson)

– Woman in Gold – 2015 

– Ned Kelly – 1970

– Truck Turner – 1974  

The Prices

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
5 Flights Up   $12.97
71   $13.94
Absolution   $12.99
Alien Outpost   $9.91
A-List, The   $14.99
Archie Bunker's Place:  Season 1     $6.99
Awaken   $20.99
Barney Miller:  The Final Season     $17.99
 Belle and Sebastian   $19.97
Beyond Zero: 1914-1918   $24.98
The Big Chill [Criterion Collection] $16.99
Bitten :  Season 2    $20.19
Brokenwood Mysteries: Series 1 $32.40
Criminal Law   $24.93
Dark Summer   $14.93
Deli Man   $14.99
Drop Box, The   $13.98
Elimination Game   $9.99
For the Emperor   $12.99
Gerontophilia $24.99
House of Cards :  Season 3    $34.74 $29.99 $24.99
Human Capital   $24.95
Kill Me Three Times   $26.98
Killers, The [Criterion Collection]  $29.95
 Last Rescue, The   $24.95
Lovers, The [2015]   $19.99
Maggie   $11.99 $11.99
Married... with Children:  Season 11     $6.94
Married... with Children:  The Complete Series     $29.99
Mega Shark Vs Kolossus   $9.99
Monster High:  Scaris, City of Frights     $14.99 $12.99
Ned Kelly [1970]   $24.94
No Way Jose   $19.99
Pact II, The   $12.73
Poldark   $40.49
Road Within, The   $14.97
Roller Boogie   $17.99
Samuel Goldwyn Collection Vol. II   $59.92
Shop, The   $8.79
Slow West   $12.99
Spasmo   $19.95
Street Smart   $24.94
Tall Blond Man With One Black Shoe, The   $24.95
They Got Me Covered   $14.97
Tiger Orange   $17.89
Tooken   $9.99
Town That Dreaded Sundown, The   $12.99
The Treatment $14.99
Trophy Heads $14.95
Truck Turner   $19.95
Ugly Benny   $9.99
Underdog Kids   $9.99
Wild Thing   $24.92
Witches Of East End: Season 2   $26.96
Woman in Gold   $14.98 $14.99 $13.99

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
5 Flights Up    $19.99
Absolution    $14.36
Alien Outpost    $16.98
Alive and Burning [July 10th Release] $14.88
The Big Chill [Criterion Collection] $22.99
Brokenwood Mysteries, The:  Series 1      $32.49
Cell, The    $9.92
The Color Out of Space $19.99
Contamination [1980] $27.99
Criminal Law    $29.95
Crimson Cult, The    $19.99
Dark Summer    $22.41
Deep Sea Blues    $19.95
Deli Man    $20.19
Deranged    $19.99
Elimination Game    $19.99
Fire Birds    $8.93
For the Emperor    $17.99
House of Cards:  Season 3      $39.98 $34.99 $29.99
Joe Dirt    $12.94
Kill Me Three Times    $14.99
Killers, The  [Criterion Collection]  $27.99
Lovers, The [2015]    $29.98
Maggie    $12.99 $12.99
Merchants of Doubt    $27.99
Monster High:  Scaris, City of Frights      $18.68 $14.99
Ned Kelly [1970]    $19.97
Pact II, The    $29.98
Pit Stop $12.49
Poldark    $34.99
Report to the Commissioner    $29.95
Road Within, The    $17.99
Robot Jox    $17.87
Roller Boogie    $19.94
Slow West    $17.89
Spasmo    $19.99
Street Smart    $19.99
Tall Blond Man With One Black Shoe, The    $34.95
Town That Dreaded Sundown, The   [Exclusively at Best Buy]
The Treatment $22.99
Trophy Heads $24.95
Truck Turner    $19.99
Virtuosity    $9.99
Wild Thing    $19.97
Woman in Gold    $18.76 $17.99 $19.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--At Best Buy, this week, save $10 when you purchase House of Cards: Season 3 AND any previous season of House of Cards..   

--Best Buy also advertises a pre-order of It Follows (available 7-14-15).  Not sure why.  

--The following TV on DVD releases are on sale this week at Best Buy for $12.99 (specific seasons not indicated):  Tyrant, Archer, Sleepy Hollow, The Americans and The Strain.

--Best Buy is advertising a Fandango Movie ticket to see Minions (in theaters 7-10-15).  Up to $7.50 toward a movie ticket on Fandango with the purchase of select specially-marked titles.  Titles shown are Despicable Me (Blu $12.99) and Despicable Me 2 (Blu $14.99).  ALSO at Best Buy, an EXCLUSIVE FREE MINIONS CINCH BAG with the purchase of select titles.  Limited quantities.  No rainchecks (Regular price $4.99).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  A list of DVDs for $5.99 apiece.

--At Target this week, SAVE $5 when you buy BOTH the Monster High: Scaris, City of Frights movie AND a select Monster High doll.  Doll assortment varies by store.

--Target is also advertising a large assortment of DVDs @ 3/$10 (or $4.75 apiece).  Titles shown and selected others:  Space Jam, Blind Side, Despicable Me 2 (3 Mini-Movie Collection), Magic Mike, Grease.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I will be reviewing Criterion's The Killers, but the disc hasn't gotten to me yet.

I have already reviewed (in addition to Kill Me Three Times) the DVD of Tooken and the Blu-ray of Slow West.

Thanks for the early Round-Up!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Fixed, Matt! Always glad that you are keeping me on my toes!

And a Happy Independence Day, everyone!

Declaration-of-Independence.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
TravisR said:
I'll probably pick up House Of Cards this week and I'll get Truck Turner at some point.

Is the Barnes And Noble Criterion sale starting this week?

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)
I think it starts on July 8th.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks, Mike. Nothing new for me this week, although Woman in Gold was good, if predictable, and I might get it after a price drop. Instead of new releases, I am using this breather week to repurchase Howl's Moving Castle, which I owned but haven't seen in well over a year since I moved, and I figure that's long enough to look for it. Oh well.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
The Barnes & Noble Criterion sale has typically started on a Tuesday so that should put it on July 7th but you never know ...

7th or 8th ? All things being equal, it doesn't alter me "intentions" to pick up upto a dozen titles :D

Regards,

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All the information I have is that it is slated to start 7/7 and run through the end of the day 7/27. 3 weeks is pretty common for the July sale.

B&N and redesigned their web-site and it has been frustrating people all week. Tuesday was the first day and it was unusable that day.

It's gotten a little better each day. The change hasn't gone smoothly for customers either -- some members are reporting their online Free

shipping isn't being applied and calls to Tech Services haven't helped the mood. Hopefully the bugs mostly get worked out in a few days.

For those members who receive USPS mailer coupons you should have gotten some this week.

Note that the normal 20% coupons say 20% on the face, but 25% off is written several places on the back in the terms and conditions

so maybe some stores might honor the language (it is 20% online)

For those that get email discount codes/coupons unless BN changes the normal every other week pattern I don't think there will be any

extra discounts until around the 16th.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mike (and anyone else),

Toy Story Legacy Edition is being released on Friday;

Pocahontas Legacy is on Amazon for an August 7 release;

Disneyland 3 Disc is on Amazon for an August 21 release; and

Aristocats has a placeholder page on Amazon (release is maybe August 18?).

There's a post on Disney Wiki that the line is ending with Aristocats and Disneyland. I don't know if that's true or not...but, if so, there's a lot of high profile titles being left off the roster. Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Dumbo...to name a few.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Aristocats was the final title announced last year, and D23 members were allowed to preorder the entire Legacy Collection at last year's convention, I think (I didn't go so can't confirm.)

However, I always assumed that if the initial titles ending with Aristocats proved successful, Disney would naturally want to continue the series.

That being said, they have been timing almost all the releases to a major anniversary for whatever film it is and I can't think of any other films which have major anniversaries in 2015. So the next major titles due for an anniversary would be The Hunchback of Notre Dame's 20th anniversary and Beauty and the Beast's 25th anniversary, and that would be next year, so there's no need for them to announce it now. So maybe The Aristocats is just it for 2015...if Disney knows what's good for them and has the sense to continue releasing these...

It does seem awfully strange that Aladdin would not be released this year, though -- I know it doesn't have a milestone anniversary until 2017, but it would make more sense cross-promotion wise to go ahead and put that one out this year in combination with the Blu-ray release and the marketing blitz that is bound to have come fall...

Anyway, in more promising Disney music news about things that are actually coming out this fall, this was announced today preserving the expanded stage score: http://www.sh-k-boom.com/hunchback-of-notre-dame.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Jason_V said:
Mike (and anyone else),

Toy Story Legacy Edition is being released on Friday;

Pocahontas Legacy is on Amazon for an August 7 release;

Disneyland 3 Disc is on Amazon for an August 21 release; and

Aristocats has a placeholder page on Amazon (release is maybe August 18?).

There's a post on Disney Wiki that the line is ending with Aristocats and Disneyland. I don't know if that's true or not...but, if so, there's a lot of high profile titles being left off the roster. Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Dumbo...to name a few.
Is this music or movies?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Guess I missed out on the preorder price for The Big Chill on Amazon. It's now $39.99. Going to pass on it at that price. :(

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not sure what happened with the Blu-only price of The Big Chill on Amazon. Strange.

EDIT: The link I included just above this is for the Dual Format version.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Sweet thanks Mike! Since there were limited numbers left I went ahead and placed my order without checking if there is a difference between content in the standard Blu vs. Dual Format (other than having the DVD in there). Hopefully not!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Carlo Medina said:
Guess I missed out on the preorder price for The Big Chill on Amazon. It's now $39.99. Going to pass on it at that price. :(
Other Option
19.99 at BN for either the new Bluray only or the Dual Format original release. If you have a retail store nearly it could be
less with other discounts.

Content should be identical except for missing the DVDs and change to a std case.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
B&Ns are few and far between nowadays. Went ahead and bought the Amazon dual format. Was just worried that the new BD says "New 4K remaster" but it looks like the old disc also has that disclaimer. And the new BD says "New interview with Kasdan" which the old BD doesn't say (on Amazon special features listing, that is, they don't show the back of either box).

Meh, trigger pulled, Prime will have it to me tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks