What's new

Dear Fox: As long as you're taking a millenium to release THE ABYSS... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
...you might as well add fish to the underwater sequences, which aren't there now. I always puzzled about this, seeing as how Cameron is such a fussbudget. Why didn't he think to throw any aquatic life into the tank he was shooting in? Looks a bit weird that his ocean sequences are so uninhabited. Other than the fiberglass phoniness of the alien craft as it rises to the surface, that is my only complaint about the movie, WHICH NEEDS TO BE RELEASED ON BLU-RAY!!! Cameron is blaming Fox for its absence. What really is the hold-up?

P

Patrick Donahue

Now I'm worried that somebody at Fox got confused and they're adding aquatic life to My Fair Lady...

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Patrick Donahue said:
Now I'm worried that somebody at Fox got confused and they're adding aquatic life to My Fair Lady...

All I want is a place somewhere

Underwater but with some air --

If I find Nemo there,

Oh wouldn't it be loverly?

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Dick said:
...you might as well add fish to the underwater sequences, which aren't there now. I always puzzled about this, seeing as how Cameron is such a fussbudget. Why didn't he think to throw any aquatic life into the tank he was shooting in? Looks a bit weird that his ocean sequences are so uninhabited. Other than the fiberglass phoniness of the alien craft as it rises to the surface, that is my only complaint about the movie, WHICH NEEDS TO BE RELEASED ON BLU-RAY!!! Cameron is blaming Fox for its absence. What really is the hold-up?
Knowing some folks at Fox (and other studios), we'd ask for The Abyss and Fox would send us Captain Nemo And The Underwater City. (1969).

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Dick said:
I disagree vehemently about the retrofitting of effects on a general basis, so that alone triggered a great big "Noooooooo!!!!!"

Additionally, I believe James Cameron adressed this somewhere stating the dearth of marine life at these depths was quite authentic. As you say, Cameron's a "fussbudget", so you really believe he would have let that one slide?

But I do concur, WE NEED A BLU-RAY OF THE ABYSS!!!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
cineMANIAC said:
I've already accepted the fact that THE ABYSS will never be on Blu-ray. Once you accept this, you can get on with the rest of your life :)

But that won't stop the "When is The Abyss coming out on blu?", "Why isn't The Abyss on blu?", "Where is The Abyss?" threads. Hope springs eternal and the question will continue to be asked even if it's never answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks