What's new

Extant Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'll be watching. Interesting show, but definitely a bit different from what people expect. Glad it has gotten a second season. These summer shows come and go very quickly, some succeed and continue, others just vanish.

Not a major Halle Berry fan, but she's actually pretty good in this role.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The first season was so bad, so bad, the acting and everything that I'm not going to fall for this again. Watched the entire season 1, but no more.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
The first episode of the second season feels almost completely different than the first season.

Kind of like they knew the first season wasn't as good as it should have been and decided to

revamp everything.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it just yet and will need to get a few more episodes in before

I can make that decision.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yep, that's pretty much what happened, based on the article above.
spshultz said:
The first episode of the second season feels almost completely different than the first season.

Kind of like they knew the first season wasn't as good as it should have been and decided to

revamp everything.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
spshultz said:

revamp everything.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it just yet and will need to get a few more episodes in before

I can make that decision.

Yes, it's a TOTAL reboot of the show. They kept just few of the basic concepts, otherwise this is like starting over fresh from the start. I did think season one was total rubbish, especially given Holly Berry as a major lead. So, I am going to watch just a few of this season and see what they do, otherwise I'm giving up early and not going to bother with it again.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yes, please watch it for us and tell us how it goes. I'm not going to watch a second. I'm not Michael Corleone, I will not be pulled back in.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I heard they were cutting the outer space elements from this season - that was the thing that made me interested in watching last season in the first place, so if it's not going to have anything to do with outer space anymore, I don't even think I'm interested in giving this new season a shot. (To be honest, I wasn't really all that interested in continuing after last year's season ended anyway.) But if the feedback here ends up being overwhelmingly positive I could probably be tempted to at least give it a try.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was very surprised that the show actually came back for a second season. I do not like the way they changed things in the premiere episode. The whole affair reaction was completely overblown. I do hope that they will investigate the murder of the husband. That seemed to be completely dropped.

Edit: Just read the Variety article about the planned changes. It appears they are not dropping the murder of the husband. Maybe the show will improve enough to keep watching, but the premiere was just wretched - in my opinion worse than any episode in the first season.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Must agree with Neil on this in regard to how bad the new season started. Just a couple more shows for me and I'm done, period. Don't know where there going, seems like maybe a procedial type of show with some vague sci-fi elements. Not anywhere close to being good enough to care about. Most likely it's off my list quite soon just like Under The Dome was last year.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The government is being portrayed even more stupid than usual.

Why did they keep going with the drone strike after they lost visuals? Quite stupid.

Why are they trying to get rid of the one alien they can identify without getting information about all the new ones that have just been born? The intelligent thing with Molly Woods would be to not get her to try to kill her "son", but to get her to get information from him.

Julie's ethical programming continues to take a turn south. I am waiting for her to get her just desserts.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
NeilO said:
The government is being portrayed even more stupid than usual.

Why did they keep going with the drone strike after they lost visuals? Quite stupid.

Why are they trying to get rid of the one alien they can identify without getting information about all the new ones that have just been born? The intelligent thing with Molly Woods would be to not get her to try to kill her "son", but to get her to get information from him.

Julie's ethical programming continues to take a turn south. I am waiting for her to get her just desserts.

I stopped caring or trying to make sense of this show long ago. Even if you just go with the flow to try and enjoy it like some other shows, it's still not very good. There are certainly worse shows, like Under The Dome, but this ranks up there for sure.

Simply, I have better things to do than watch rubbish.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The latest episode was a little better as Julie was off elsewhere. They had a spoiler filled "this season on Extant" bit right at the end to try to hold onto viewers by giving away in what directions they are going.

It seemed awfully convenient that when Ethan went in search of Molly that he was taken away from her apartment without any clues that he was there -- until the very last scene.

Lucy reading Machiavelli at the end of the episode was really heavy handed - I wish they didn't do that.

There is still enough mystery to keep me going, but I wish it would improve.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm still freaked out by Jeffrey Dean Morgan's weight loss... (even on Shameless, I barely recognize him anymore).

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Got a picture? In google he looks normal. And of course I don't watch the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks