What's new

Team America: World Police Special Edition (2004) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

42584_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Matt Hough said:
Less than two months ago, I bought a used DVD of this raunchy but often hilarious movie after seeing it playing on one of the paycable channels and remembering how much I enjoyed it. So, thanks to my purchase, it's now being released on Blu-ray!

Matt, as always we thank you for your service to HTF!

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Finally! There were previews for this coming out on blu back when the format was first introduced and competing with HD-DVD!

Now I wonder if they are just shipping finally all of the old discs that were pressed, or if they actually created a new transfer?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I have put this BD title in my UK amazon cart many times over the years because it's been so relatively cheap for a long time. However, this is not the exact same version as on the U.S. DVD I have, it's slightly cut. That bugs me, even though I don't need to see that cut stuff, I'm just used to it being there and something familiar removed bugs me more than something new added. Plus they say the UK BD isn't that much better than the (upscaled) DVD, hope this one is a bit better. Just being uncut, that alone puts this one ahead. This movie is still funny, some classic scenes/songs.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I nearly bought this last week, it was in the two for £10 Amazon deal. I'll wait & see what's said about the American release.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Any word if this is the longer video release or the theatrical cut? I prefer the theatrical edit.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Then get the (cheap!) all-region UK release that's been out for years, why wait? It's exactly what you want, the rest of us (maybe) have a reason to wait. (I can't seem to find this title in amazon.com or .ca yet.)

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I can happily live without the few extra seconds of extreme puppet smut. ;)

Hope all the DVD extras get ported over.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Was a fire safety officer on some movie and got to talk to one of the sfx technicians and he had the crew dying laughing on how they put together the poop on the chest scene. They came up with how to do it in about 10 minutes and executed in about that the same amount of time...a classic scene in every sense of the word!!!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ How can puppet coprophilia not be classic? Who wouldn't want to own this highlight of moviedom on a hi-rez medium to watch whenever they wish?

As said, I can do without it, but I'm used to it being there, the scene seems incomplete without it. Even though it's not really part of the "true" movie (theatrical). I want it. I won't make excuses, and I do understand why anybody doesn't want it.

I have a feeling this'll be the identical release to the other nine (?) BD "versions" already released by Paramount internationally. But then I wonder: why'd they delay it, they could have released this years ago, and then I get hope for something better with a teensy bit of seamless branching.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
If I recall correctly, the extra footage amounts to about a minute. It would probably be a snap to seamlessly branch both cuts.

That said, I think I remember reading that the extra bits were actually included to distract the MPAA from some of the other stuff that they ended up keeping, and that Trey Parker initially didn't even want the longer cut to go out on DVD.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Matt Hough said:
Less than two months ago, I bought a used DVD of this raunchy but often hilarious movie after seeing it playing on one of the paycable channels and remembering how much I enjoyed it. So, thanks to my purchase, it's now being released on Blu-ray!
Somebody should start a thread of "Taking One For The Team", where people who bought a DVD of something that was announced for Blu-Ray immediately thereafter could have their sucker...I mean, SACRIfice acknowledged by their grateful HTF brothers and sisters. I have a few of these to my credit myself, and well, you're more than welcome.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
davidmatychuk said:
Somebody should start a thread of "Taking One For The Team", where people who bought a DVD of something that was announced for Blu-Ray immediately thereafter could have their sucker...I mean, SACRIfice acknowledged by their grateful HTF brothers and sisters. I have a few of these to my credit myself, and well, you're more than welcome.
Not a bad idea. I've done it a few times myself, but this was the most recent example.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks