What's new

Marvel's GUARDIANS of the GALAXY Vol. 2: May 5th, 2017

Michael Henry

Second Unit
Real Name
J. Michael Henry
Title: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Tagline: Obviously.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Science Fiction

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan, Sean Gunn, Tommy Flanagan, Laura Haddock, Aaron Schwartz, Hannah Gottesman, Hilty Bowen, Ben Browder, Alexander Klein, Luke Cook, Evan Jones, Joe Fria, Terence Rosemore, Jimmy Urine, Stephen Blackehart, Steve Agee, Blondy Baruti, Richard Christy, Rob Zombie, Sierra Love, Kendra Carelli, Milynn Sarley, Seth Green, Molly C. Quinn, Michael Rosenbaum, Rhoda Griffis, Stan Lee, David Hasselhoff, Mac Wells, Jim Gunn Sr., Leota Gunn, Elizabeth Ludlow, Wyatt Oleff, Gregg Henry, Damita Jane Howard, Ving Rhames, Michelle Yeoh, Fred, Miley Cyrus, Jeff Goldblum, Mike Escamilla, Donny Carrington, Brian Clackley, Nea Dune, Fred Galle, Stephen Vining, Tahseen Ghauri, Alphonso A'Qen-Aten Jackson, Kelly Richardson, Guillermo Rodriguez, Josh Tipis, Jason Williams, Cheyanna Lavon Zubas

Release: 2017-04-19

Runtime: 137

Plot: The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill's true parentage.

I looked but did not see an official thread...

The official title is GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 and debuts on May 5th, 2017.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/72115

http://collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-title-revealed/

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
It's a good title. Nice play on the Awesome Mix: Volume 1.

Any chance you can put it in the thread title?

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
With the new Star Wars films coming out every two years, you'd think they could get this out a little bit sooner.

They could do a Rocket Raccoon short attached to another Marvel flick to tide us over until then. ;)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Michael Henry said:
Yikes how do I edit!?!?!
I think you may have to ask a mod to change it if you want. They will typically help you out.

Filming for this is supposed to start in February/March 2016.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpeg
Production of Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 started recently.

Chris Pratt posted a fun pic and James Gunn mad a nice Facebook post.

In the car on the way home from the first couple days of our pre-shoot on GotG Vol. 2 (a pre-shoot is like a shoot only without officially being called a shoot - other than that it's exactly the same. Don't ask me why they do these things.) It's wonderful having the gang back together. We all learned so much from making the first movie - what we did right, what we could have done better, what we would have changed if we could - that everyone has upped their game. Last time we were balls-out, a hundred percent committed and sincere, but also a little tipsy at times like a toddler learning how to walk. This time we don't need the corners of the family room coffee table to maneuver! We're balls-out, a hundred percent committed and sincere, AND more sure-footed. We know the movie we're making and the characters we're creating. This doesn't mean we're just taking the easy way out and creating the first movie over again. We're taking risks - big ones. But we're more comfortable doing it.

Mostly, though, I'm just happy to be among my Guardians family. I truly love these people, and am so excited about spending the next few months and more with them. I hope that emanates from what we're creating.

We also have a few new cast members who not only fit into the family we have, but also add something special to our Guardians mix. I never felt like there was anything missing but now that they're here, it feels like there was. But we'll let you know a little more about them in a few days.
Anyway, have a great Valentine's weekend everybody. Whether it's a husband, wife, girlfriend or boyfriend, child or parent, friend, cat, or dog - I hope you have someone to share your heart with.

Love to all,
James

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
James Gunn has been updating his Facebook feed with news about Guardians 2 quite a bit, and today, he had this to say:

Many of you are asking about San Diego Comic Com, and when theGuardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 panel will be. Chris Pratt, much of the cast, and I will be part of the Marvel panel on Saturday, July 23 at 5:30 in the afternoon. We'll have something special for you there, so please come by (and by "come by" I mean stand in line for hours on end - sorry!) and join us.

Seriously, would love to share the moment with all of you.

He also wrote that the movie wrapped shooting in June. If you're on Facebook and interested, he's a very interesting guy and his stuff is often personal and funny - not the usual movie-related stuff.

PS Just showed my kids Guardians; it was the last of the 13 Marvel films they hadn't seen. They quickly said it was their favorite.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I thought this was fun. James Gunn showed Vin Diesel a portion of Guardiand of the Galaxy Volume 2, and I guess you could say he liked it. ;)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks