What's new

Losing Audio every so often (1 Viewer)

m_pro_m

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Pro
Hey guys, I am pretty new to all of this, so ask me if I didn't provide enough information about problem.

My setup

I have got Samsung Smart TV (not sure what model), Harman/Kardon home theatre (most probably 65BQ) and Satellite box from local provider.

I am using theatre as main input/output device. Sattelite TV box is connected to it with HDMI for video and Optical cable for audio (optical cable was needed, because I couldn't get any audio with HDMI only and Sattelite box says, I need optical cable for 5.1 sound)

My TV is connected to theatre with HDMI (ARC slot, because I am using YouTube and other apps)

What is happening?

Every so often I lose the audio. I can only see video (TV).
Somebody just wake up, turn on TV, sattelite box, theatre and they can only see video.
The only fix I found is to turn sattelite box and theatre off (no electricity) and turn it back on together.
When everything works as it should, HT says HDMI INPUT 1 PCM. I noticed the 'PCM' part is missing, when the problem occurs (no audio).

I would like to fix this problem so I won't have to restart everything everytime. It's not really practical and I guess it shouldn't work like that... If you have any idea what should I try, tell me! Thank you for help.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Despite what the satellite box say, I'd try again with just HDMI. But if that fails, connect the HDMI directly to the TV and connect the optical to the receiver/HT. (Brings back memories!)

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
Sounds like a pretty crappy satellite TV box. No audio through HDMI? Really? Get a replacement if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks