What's new

R.I.P. Chris Squire (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Chris Squire, co-founder and long-time bassist for the seminal prog band Yes, has passed away at age 67.

Squire was considered by many to be one of the best ever on his instrument. His playing was hugely influential. He was a musician's musician.

Over the seemingly endless permutations of Yes' lineup, he was the one constant. More than any other member (even vocalist Jon Anderson) Chris Squire was Yes.

I have been a fan of Yes for over 4 decades. This one hurts. I know now I have seen my last Yes concert; without Squire there is no Yes.

Condolences to his family, friends, and bandmates. Rest in peace, Chris.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was saddened to see this news today. RIP Chris Squire.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
After being a fan of Yes for close to 30 years, I was finally able to see them live in 2002 at the Tower Theater in Philly. The lineup was Anderson, Squire, Howe, Wakeman and White. They started the set with the complete 18 minute Close to the Edge - fantastic.

Being a teen musician in the mid 70s, Chris Squire was a bassist to look up to, and I did. Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to everyone.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
What Craig said.

I usually say that I've seen Yes nine times, but one of those was ABWH, which doesn't belong in this thread. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks