What's new

System Suggestions (1 Viewer)

DynoDon

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I am looking for my 1st home theater system. I have a small room so I only need 2 channel or 2.1 channel. I do not need any room EQ features. I don't necessarly need a radio. I will probably get U-verse for internet and streaming. I currently have a 32" 1080p LCD and will get a larger one. I am considering an Oppo 103D or a 105D if I splurge. I am thinking of a Roku or like box for streaming. My use is 50/50 between movies and music. I'm looking at some Infinity 363 speakers that Fry's runs on sale for $99 ea. I'm not sure if I will need a sub.

I'm looking for a good quality A/V integrated amp or receiver. Are there any stereo A/V amps with HDMI inputs? I probably need 80-100 wpc of good high current power. Any suggestions?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There are no stereo receivers(or integrated amps) with HDMI.

You don't need an Oppo if you were connecting HDMI only anyway.

If you connect analog(the top model Oppo has an HDMI input)...then an Oppo matters.

Not sure why you need 80+ watts, as you won't tell any real difference from a 20 year old NAD PE rated 25 watts.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
You're going to want an AVR as you're already looking at three sources from what I can tell. It sounds like you don't need a lot of bells and whistles on it so an entry level unit is probably what you're looking for. Are you open to buying refurb?

If you go with the 363 towers you might not need a sub but I would get one just because it helps out with the movie sounds. You can always run your music in a pure direct/stereo mode with just the towers if you prefer. What kind of sub you get really depends on how much you want to spend. So what kind of budget you do you have for that?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
In case you weren't aware, you can easily configure any HT receiver for 2.0 or 2.1, and since the price will still be low, you really don't lose anything. (Unless you were planning to connect a turntable, then you may need to get a phono amp, where the stereo receiver may already have had one.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks