What's new

Found New Game Channel (1 Viewer)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Anyone have "BUZZR" channel on their over the air lineup? Just came across this when I was flipping channels. The game shows shown so far are Match Game, To Tell The Truth, Super Password, Tattle Tales, Let's Make A Deal, Family Feud, I've Got A Secret, Press Your Luck, Card Sharks, What's My Line, and I think a few others.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
BUZZR is a FOX owned sub-channel. They show TO TELL THE TRUTH, WHAT'S MY LINE, and I'VE GOT A SECRET at 2 A.M. to 6 A.M. EST. They show the same three episodes twice with original commercials.

I dusted off the old VCR and am recording these as a time shift. They have been on about a month and this week is reruns already!!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just learned this channel existed, and that I happen to live in an area that has it.

Finally, a real Game Show Network again. I hope Fremantle adds more to the lineup over time. The 800 lb. gorilla in the corner is The Price is Right.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I saw this while back in Philly last month.

It's great seeing those old game shows.

Hope DTV adds it.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Vahan_Nisanain said:
It's Sony-owned, so they can't.

Unless Sony wants to either start a similar channel, or acquire some Buzzr shares.

Sony has always owned part of GSN, and they don't do a damn thing with that anymore other than offload crappy reality shows onto it and drive the same run of Pyramid into the ground.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I was watching Family Feud today and thought of a stragedy that no one seems to use. Why don't they "pass" instead of "play"? Seems to me most times a family that decides to play don't get all the answers and the other team gets group time to come up with an answer. Doesn't it seem the odds would be on your side to "steal" and come up with a group answer?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bob_S. said:
I was watching Family Feud today and thought of a stragedy that no one seems to use. Why don't they "pass" instead of "play"? Seems to me most times a family that decides to play don't get all the answers and the other team gets group time to come up with an answer. Doesn't it seem the odds would be on your side to "steal" and come up with a group answer?

Depends on how difficult the category is.

If it's a category that has a lot of potential answers (6 or 7 or more), that probably is the best strategy. But in a 3 or 4 answer round, it's probably not wise.

As to why contestants don't do it? I dunno, they don't think of it? Don't want to give up control of the board just in case?

And speaking of Family Feud, where is the Ray Combs run? I love the concept of Buzzr, but they could do with adding some more variety to the line-up.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I now have this. Interesting that the B&W panel shows seem to include their original commercials, which was never the case on GSN.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Yeah, I spotted Ruta Lee, as a stewardess, and Quinn Redeker, as her boyfriend, in a Helene Curtis commercial.

I think there is a historical,(as originally presented), section in the fair use description in the copyright law. Maybe this applies to something as old as these panel shows.

I like the commercial where they state that ANACIN is good for depression.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I'm not the bigest fan of To Tell The Truth, What's My Line and I've Got A Secret but I watch them just for the sponsor commercials.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
The celebrity guest stunts, with the panel participation, thing they do on I've Got A Secret is kind of uninteresting. I had no memory of that part of the show. I like the regular panel, though.

I do enjoy the question and answer aspect of To Tell The Truth and What's My Line. I would find it interesting to find out which celebrities appeared on all three shows as guest panelists. Johnny Carson, definitely, Don Ameche, Faye Emmerson, Sam Levenson and Betty White appeared on at least two, maybe all three.

And also which contestants appeared on all three shows. The man that was building the Crazy Horse Monument and a man that went over Niagara Falls were both on To Tell The Truth and I've Got A Secret.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Well, after two weeks of 'new' shows, TTTT,WML, and IGAS are showing reruns again?

At least they showed one of the more memorable commercials from the sixties: The AERO-WAX commercial where they shoot a submachine gun at a plane canopy. I can see now that it was really animation that showed the bullets bouncing off.

The reruns are showing the Ruta Lee commercial again. She plays a passenger in the commercial not a stewardess as I mis-thought.

I still don't understand all the reruns. It there some plan? Or are they just not paying attention. I have been watching Ozzie and Harriet on RETRO for the past two months and they rerun a lot of the same episodes too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks