What's new

Sharing Speakers - AVR and Stereo Amp. (1 Viewer)

Rick Shepherd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
I am trying to use the same pair of speakers for both my AVR and my Stereo setups. The speakers are connected to my Denon PMA-360 amp. I would like to also use these speakers as fronts for my AVR (Pioneer VSX-322).

I have several devices connected via HDMI to the AVR and then by HDMI to the TV.

The TV has an internal tuner - no STB is attached.

The AVR does not have pre-outs for the fronts and the CD/Tape Out will only work with an analog (Stereo) input.

I can connect the digital coax out on the TV to a device which splits the signal into 6 analog outputs and then connect the front left and right outputs to the amp. This will give me audio through the amp but only when the internal TV tuner is being used. It does not give me audio to the amp from the devices connected to the AVR.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

The first paragraph of your post says you want to use a single set of speakers with two separate amplifiers, but the rest of the post indicates that you’re trying to split the signal from the source components to the two amplifiers. Which is it?

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Rick Shepherd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Sorry, I probably didn't express myself clearly.

I want to use the same speakers for both the HT (front) and stereo setups by using whatever method is possible. I was attempting this is by taking the signal for the front 2 channels from the TV to the amp as it doesn't appear I can connect the AVR directly to the amp.

As mentioned, this only works for the internal TV tuner and not the devices connected to the AVR and then to the TV because the AVR will not send audio to the TV and pass the audio to its own speakers at the same time.I am still trying to use the surround, centre and sub speakers connected to the AVR.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So...

You are trying to use an external amplifier to run the main speakers while letting the AVR run the center/surrounds.

Correct?

That AVR is not capable of that, at all.

Only AVR with preouts can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks