What's new

Composer James Horner dies in plane crash! (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Reports that a plane registered to James Horner are circulating with the pilot having died in the crash. Horner loved flying and was an avid pilot. The identity of the victim has not been made but Horner has not been heard from all day (the crash happened earlier.)

My heart is so very heavy right now...

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Sad, if so.

Attachments

• james.horner.jpg
    james.horner.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 52

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
How tragic.Never thought we would lose him before Williams. 2 of my top 3 film composers are now gone (Horner and Goldsmith) and who knows how much longer Williams will be around. :(

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
James Horner has passed away.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-horner-dead-titanic-composer-804365?utm_source=twitter

The two-time Oscar winner, 61, worked on three James Cameron films, two 'Star Trek' movies and classics like 'A Beautiful Mind,' 'Field of Dreams' and 'Apollo 13.'
“My job — and it’s something I discuss with Jim all the time — is to make sure at every turn of the film it’s something the audience can feel with their heart,” Horner said in a 2009 interview with the Los Angeles Times. “When we lose a character, when somebody wins, when somebody loses, when someone disappears — at all times I’m keeping track, constantly, of what the heart is supposed to be feeling. That is my primary role.”

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow. A tragic loss of a great composer. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks