What's new

Lavalier Mic Dilemma (1 Viewer)

SubWoofer

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph
How can I provide power to a lavalier microphone?

I have an unpowered lavalier mic (Polsen MO-PL1) that will not work with my camcorder (Canon VIXIA HF R600).
I could buy a powered lavalier mic, but I don't want to deal with always having to change a battery. I also don't want to worry about the battery dying on me while I'm recording.

Can I purchase a box that plugs into an electrical outlet, into which I can plug my lavalier mic, and output to my camcorder? If such a device exists (at a reasonable price, of course ~$20-$50) it would solve my issue.

FYI: I have searched on the internet for such a device, but the only results that come up are boxes that have weird inputs/outputs which are not compatible with my microphone.

P.S. Not sure if this is the right place to inquire about this, but I figured you guys would know a thing or two about it.

Thanks.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Can I purchase a box that plugs into an electrical outlet, into which I can plug my lavalier mic, and output to my camcorder? If such a device exists (at a reasonable price, of course ~$20-$50) it would solve my issue.
No problem, see here.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

SubWoofer

Auditioning
Real Name
Joseph
Wayne A. Pflughaupt said:
No problem, see here.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Thanks for the link, but the inputs on this box don't match up with my mic's 3.5mm plug.

Is there such a thing as a box with a 3.5mm input/output that's powered by a plug (NOT a battery)? Such a simple concept; amazing that it doesn't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks