What's new

Adapting Old School To Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

DynoDon

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I have an older stereo receiver with analog inputs. I have been running my DVD audio thru it for improved sound over the TV. I want to upgrade to Blu-ray. I need a Blu-ray player with analog audio outputs which seems to be rare except for the Oppo. Or is there a way to convert the HMDI from a Blu-ray player to analog stereo that I can plug into my receiver? Or do I just have to buy a new A/V receiver with HDMI inputs?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Very simple. Don't invest in old school band-aids. Go out and get a new A/V receiver. They cost next to nothing these days and still most will pack a nice punch.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Alf S said:
Very simple. Don't invest in old school band-aids. Go out and get a new A/V receiver. They cost next to nothing these days and still most will pack a nice punch.
Completely agreed with Alf. I was running an old school Optimus that I loved to death and had bought brand new in the late 90's. I got a heckuva deal on a Sony 5.1 receiver ($10 for the receiver, stand, speakers as tall as I am and a 5 disc Sony changer. Yeah, it helped I won a gift card at my job....lol). I've never looked back. I run EVERYTHING through it including my turntable, cassette player, 8-track and my computer. I recently sold the Optimus on eBay. You'll be thankful you invested in one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks