– The Wrecking Crew – 2003)

– The Boys in the Band – 1970 

– My Dinner With Andre – 1981

– The Sunshine Boys – 1975

– The Onion Field – 1978

– Run All Night – 2015

The Prices

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
200 Motels   $17.98
Andre Gregory and Wallace Shawn: 3 Films [Criterion Collection]  $99.95
Beyond the Reach   $12.95 $11.99
Chappie   $19.95 $16.99 $18.99
Doctor, You've Got to Be Kidding! $21.99
Eye for an Eye, An   $11.99
Fearless Frank   $19.98
La Gata   $14.95
Laverne & Shirley:  The Complete Series     $50.69
Lazarus Effect, The   $14.94 $15.99
Marcel Ophuls & Jean-Luc Godard: The Meeting in St.-Gervais   $19.95
Maison Close: Season 2 $34.95
Master Builder, A [Criterion Collection]  $29.95
Mixed Company   $19.98
Nashville Girl   $13.99
Newsroom, The:  Complete Third Season     $28.71
Odd Couple, The:  Complete Series     $32.99
One More Round   $14.99
Onion Field, The   $11.99
Quick!  Before It Melts $21.99
Run All Night   $14.99 $14.99 $14.99
Three Bites of the Apple $21.99
Time Lapse $9.92
Two and a Half Men:  The Complete Series      $248.11
Two and a Half Men:  The Complete Twelfth & Final Season     $22.44
Unfinished Business   $14.94 $14.99 $15.99
Welcome to Me $12.89
Wild Tales   $22.95
Wrecking Crew, The   $19.49

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
Andre Gregory and Wallace Shawn: 3 Films  [Criterion Collection]  $99.95
Beyond the Reach    $16.95 $12.99
Blomkamp: Limited Edition Collection    $34.92
Boys in the Band, The    $17.99
Cat Returns, The    $24.97
Chappie    $19.96 $19.99 $19.99
Eye for an Eye, An    $17.99
Happiness of the Katakuris, The    $25.29
Hero and the Terror    $17.99
Land That Time Forgot, The    $18.99
Lazarus Effect, The    $22.92 $19.99
Maison Close:  Season Two     $39.95
Malice    $17.99
Master Builder, A  [Criterion Collection]  $27.99
My Dinner with Andre  [Criterion Collection]  $27.99
Newsroom, The:  Complete Third Season      $35.66
Onion Field, The    $17.99
Pandas: The Journey Home [Blu-ray 3-D]   $19.99
Proof    $9.99
Run All Night    $24.99 $22.99 $22.99
Shipping News, The    $9.99
Spirited Away    $24.89
The Sunshine Boys $17.99
Tales of the Supernatural: Extended Cut  [6-15-15 Release Date] $32.99
Tentacles / Reptilicus    $17.93
Time Lapse    $12.99
Unfinished Business    $19.92 $14.99 $19.99
Welcome to Me    $15.89
Wild Tales    $24.94
Wrecking Crew, The    $20.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Best Buy, this week, has an EXCLUSIVE BONUS DISC with its copies of Chappie.  "Deconstructing the action scenes with the SFX team."

--Best Buy also has a sale on select HBO titles.  Get up to an additional 25% OFF our already great prices.  Find more titles at BestBuy.com/HBO.  Titles shown are:  Band of Brothers, True Detective, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, The Sopranos, True Blood.

--The following releases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all BLU-RAY unless otherwise noted):

$4.99:  Love & Other Drugs, Fargo, The Last of the Mohicans, The Hustler, Limitless, Big Trouble in Little China, Don Jon, The Predators, Carrie, The A-Team, 12 Seconds.

$6.99:  The Magnificent Seven, A Bridge Too Far, The Big Country, The Great Escape.

$9.99 (all steelbooks):  Leon the Professional, Drive, Snatch, The Fifth Element.

$12.99: Taken 3, Exodus: Gods & Kings, Kingsman: The Secret Service, The Wedding Ringer, Interstellar.

$14.99:  Thor: The Dark World (DVD), The Gambler, The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, Captain America: The Winter Soldier (DVD), Unbroken (DVD).

$17.99:  American Sniper, The Spongebob Movie.

--Best Buy is advertising a series of "Diamond Luxe" Blu-ray releases for $16.99:  Ben-Hur, Forrest Gump, The Gren Mile, Gremlins, Natural Born Killers.  These are all listed on Amazon with a December 9th release.  I guess this means these will be a Best Buy exclusive until then.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  A list of $2.99 DVDs.

--Target this week has awoken from its slumber in terms of offering up some pretty good deals on DVDs and Blu-rays.  First among them, save an extra 10% on all movies, music and books when you use Target's CartWheel app.

--Among the bargains, Target is offering an EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK release of Chappie on Blu-ray.

--Target is also offering the following prices on various titles (all Blu unless otherwise noted):

$10.00:  Lone Survivor, Neighbors (DVD)The Equalizer (DVD), Fury (DVD), Birdman (DVD), Arrow: Season 2 (DVD), True Blood: Season 1 (DVD), Supernatural: S9 (DVD), Vampire Diaries: S5 (DVD), Boardwalk Empire; S1 (DVD), Big Bang Theory: S7 (DVD).

$12.49:  American Sniper, Kingsmen: The Secret Service (and select other Blu-rays).

$12.99:  Taken 3, The Wedding Ringer (DVD)

$14.99:  Back to the Future Trilogy (DVD), Jurassic Park Trilogy (DVD), Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, The Spongebob Movie (DVD), Interstellar, The Gambler, Project Almanac (DVD).

$29.99:  Fast & Furious 6 movie collection (DVD), Mad Max Trilogy  (Blu) Game of Thrones: S4 (DVD).

$79.99:  Entourage: Complete Series (DVD).

--Target Odds and Ends: Lists of DVDs for $4.75 and $8.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks Mike! American Sniper BD for $12.50 at Target? Sold!

Among new releases: Sunshine Boys and possibly Wrecking Crew (a terrific documentary).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks, Mike. I'm torn about what to do this week because I really want Wild Tales (which is brilliant) and Spirited Away (for which I've been waiting a long time to upgrade from my DVD.) However, those are so expensive. Also seriously considering Kingsman from Target for that price as I didn't get it last week.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

I signed up to review The Lazarus Effect and Unfinished Business but as they're Fox titles, it's uncertain if they'll arrive. I'll also be covering My Dinner with Andre.

Personally, I'll be upgrading my DVDs of Malice, The Boys in the Band, The Onion Field, and The Sunshine Boys when prices are a bit more attractive.

I did review Welcome to Me a couple of weeks ago. That review can be found here.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Steve...O said:
Thanks Mike! American Sniper BD for $12.50 at Target? Sold!

Among new releases: Sunshine Boys and possibly Wrecking Crew (a terrific documentary).

Craig S said:
Ditto! And I'll grab Kingsman while I'm at it.

Thanks, Mike!

Absolutely! I'm in for both, too. Boy, am I ever glad I waited on American Sniper. I'm not sure what Warner Bros. pricing strategy for new releases is all about, but I can't imagine they're finding as many takers as they hoped at a $25 plus price point. The timing to be doing something like this seems off to me, as physical media continues its steady decline in sales and popularity. WB's marketing plan looks like a clear cut case of margin over volume and I really hope it is not the wave of the future for the industry in general.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Bob Furmanek's and Greg Kintz's 3-D RARITIES (Flicker Alley) is also a June 16th release.

I feel privileged to have attended the presentation at MoMA in NYC yesterday. This is a landmark release for the 3-D aficionadi among us.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Newsroom S3 and Boys in the Band at some point. I may stop into BB to see if anything catches my eye. Cinderella Legacy Collection is slated to be in my hands on Tuesday night. For a $14.99 price point, it's almost a no brainer.

Also, the Toy Story Legacy Collection release is up on Amazon for preorder. Release is listed for July 10 and it also has a $14.99 price point.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason:

As always thanking you for posting about those Disney Legacy Collection CDs here. Others may not be interested, but you keep bringing those discs back to the forefront for me, And I sure do appreciate that! :thumbsup:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
pitchman said:
Absolutely! I'm in for both, too. Boy, am I ever glad I waited on American Sniper. I'm not sure what Warner Bros. pricing strategy for new releases is all about, but I can't imagine they're finding as many takers as they hoped at a $25 plus price point. The timing to be doing something like this seems off to me, as physical media continues its steady decline in sales and popularity. WB's marketing plan looks like a clear cut case of margin over volume and I really hope it is not the wave of the future for the industry in general.
They did the same with "The Hobbit 3" too. I finally picked that up this past week when Amazon finally knocked it down to $15. I would have bought it on release week for $20, but I'm not willing to go to $25.

It seems ridiculous when the DVD version of these titles can be had for $15 in release week. A blu-ray disc is not worth a $10 premium.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mike Frezon said:
Jason:

As always thanking you for posting about those Disney Legacy Collection CDs here. Others may not be interested, but you keep bringing those discs back to the forefront for me, And I sure do appreciate that! :thumbsup:

More than welcome, Mike. I figure I'll keep mentioning them until the line is discontinued or someone tells me to stop. :D

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A couple price updates on the new Disney Ghibli's

Spirited Away and Cat Returns are 21.98 at Amazon and 21.99 at Best Buy. These should be in store for BBY for those who would rather

pick them up or use Reward Points.

Similar price listed at Walmart.com

24.99/25.89 at Target -- not sure about instore, but if so you could try to PM and use the 10% Cartwheel -- some stores allow it.

B&N usually carry Ghibli;s and the 40% sale is active through next Monday so 20.99 in store. Member discounts and possible other

coupons for the weekend could get these into the $15-16 area.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Matt's review of My Dinner With Andre is now up! :laugh:

I wonder if he'll also be reviewing 200 Motels?!?
confused-smiley-013.gif

:biggrin:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
What's really needed is for Wallace and Andre to do a "Mystery Science Theater" version of 200 Motels.

"See, Andre, the meaning of life is hidden in the lyrics to Provocative Squats".

Now there's a fresh idea for sequel-obsessed Hollywood.

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
TravisR said:
I'll pick up The Newsroom: Season Three at some point.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Best Buy has the DVD for $19.99 and the Bluray for $24.99.

(EDIT: and it looks like Amazon has matched this price.)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Jason_V said:
Newsroom S3 and Boys in the Band at some point. I may stop into BB to see if anything catches my eye. Cinderella Legacy Collection is slated to be in my hands on Tuesday night. For a $14.99 price point, it's almost a no brainer.

Also, the Toy Story Legacy Collection release is up on Amazon for preorder. Release is listed for July 10 and it also has a $14.99 price point.

I'm very acquainted with the format of the Legacy CDs to this point, but in this very specific case, what exactly is new on Cinderella? That soundtrack has been reissued with both the DVD release in 2005 and Blu-ray from 2012. Must confess that I have fallen behind on some of the Legacy titles (especially the ones where the soundtrack itself does not have new material), but will get them at some point.

As long as we are talking Disney soundtracks, it should also be noted that the score for Inside Out arrives this week too. I saw the film last night and it is possibly Pixar's best yet (seriously.) The score is wonderful and is another triumph for busy Michael Giacchino, who also did Tomorrowland and Jurassic World this season. The CD isn't being done up as fancy as the Legacy titles, but you'll definitely want to consider it. I liked it so much I decided to wait for the two over expensive Blu-rays I was looking at to go down in price and got the CD instead.

Also, the short in front of Inside Out -- Lava -- includes a song, and it looks like that song has been included on the Inside Out CD as a bonus track, too. (It's on the way from Amazon, but I'm listening to the AutoRip right now, which curiously only includes the Inside Out stuff, though Lava's song is listed as a track on the physical CD which I will get Friday.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks