What's new

Outdoor speaker control (1 Viewer)

sadds

Auditioning
Real Name
john
I am having a new home built. It is wired now, without sheetrock up so I can see how everything is run.

It is prewired for two speakers on the outdoor patio. It looks like wire runs to an area that will have a volume control just on the inside of the door. It looks like the rest of the cable runs to where the TV in the living room will be. That makes sense, most people will have a receiver there.

This home has a dedicated media room where I will have my surround sound. I will probably end up getting a sound bar or something in the living room, but probably not a receiver.

So that leaves me with what is the best way to control these outdoor speakers? I don't need a high end setup, just something economical to control the speakers. What are your thoughts?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If you do soundbar...

None of them have provision for secondary audio.

So...you'll need a(t least stereo) receiver anyway. They won't have anything to do with each other.

Also "in line volume controls" are just volume attenuaters...you still have to turn up the volume at the stereo...to turn it down at the attenuator...

sadds

Auditioning
Real Name
john
So just a cheap receiver to dedicate to only the outdoor speakers is the best bet?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
sadds said:
So just a cheap receiver to dedicate to only the outdoor speakers is the best bet?
Yep.

TIC has outdoor receivers already. Not personally used one...

If you want indoor to share audio devices(simply split outputs...or in the case of STB, they have multiple...use two of its outputs)...

Any receiver. You can even buy Next Generation(that is the brand) RF to use it from outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks