What's new

TV MOVIE "Wildflower" from 1991... Echo Bridge release... (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Echo Bridge... that company. :(

But they've put out a chic flick I've wanted on DVD for a while to replace an old VHS I made. The film is Wildflower (1991) with Patricia Arquette, Reese Witherspoon and Beau Bridges.

51NvOIpm5kL.jpg

Dollar General has the 4 movie release for $4.95 several weeks ahead of official release. Not sure if anybody has picked it up. Was wondering if it's another of their crap-cram jobs or do the films actually run smoothly. This almost needs a guinnea pig! lol

Really, Wildflower at least deserves a blu ray, with all those stars and perhaps one of the best TV movies of the 90s. I like films set in that time period too.

Here is the 12 movie release, available from a seller on ebay but I couldn't find this thing on amazon or elsewhere yet.

$_57.JPG

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I bought the 12 movie set for $8 at Dollar General yesterday. Somebody has to! haha!

I was just going to preview Wildflower but the movie has aged so well I couldn't stop watching! The story could be used on The Waltons or Little House. As for the quality, it's Echo Bridge but it's lucky it's at all watchable. There's 4 movies crammed on one disc, so some detail is lost, the color is vivid but runs a little, has that out of focus look... it's it not terrible. Happy I went ahead to replace my old VHS but would sure love a blu ray of just Wildflower. Arquette is completely heartwarming to watch. She got an ACE award for it. I didn't remember Reese Witherspoon being so young in this. She's great too. The country setting, 1930s, is well represented. A good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks