What's new

Did I make a good choice/improvement? (1 Viewer)

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
Wanted to upgrade to a mid level receiver.
So I just bought a new Denon 4520ci and i was wondering if I made a good choice. It will be powering: Klipsch

Rf-82ii
rc-62ii
rb-61ii
Svs pb-1000

Wanted the option to up 7.1 in the future. And btw my current avr is Sony dh550

Thanks,

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Is the 7.1 capability the primary reason you upgraded? Do you plan to utilize any of the multi-zone capabilities of the Denon? While I'm generally not a fan of Sony products, the 550 is not really what I would consider to be "outdated" in any way.

As for sound, those Klipsch speakers are so sensitive, you aren't likely to hear any difference with the new receiver - you probably reach painful SPL levels on just a few watts (like 4 or 6) per channel.

I would not consider the Denon to be "mid-level", personally. IMO, that's an upper tier model that has a feature set that many people aren't likely to use, but those that DO need the extensive multi-zone capabilities will probably find that there's little it can't do.

Everyone has different needs, so if this receiver meets yours, then it's a good choice. What were some of the other models you considered, and why did you choose this Denon over them? I'd be curious to know.

dave6284

Grip
Real Name
dave
I hooked up my friends x4100w and loved it compared to my sony. In 2ch mode my fronts had a lot more mid and low bass.Better dynamics. I also think xt32 was way better than sonys room correction. Spotify connect,my sub also sound way better with it.

I just couldn't afford $1500 for the x4100w. I paid $1000 4520. I'll be happy if it sounds as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks