– The Hunchback of Notre Dame – 1939

– Foxy Brrown – 1974

– Project Almanac – 2014 – 1939

– Ninotchka – 1939

– The Young Lions – 1958

– Serena – 2014

The Prices
Posted Image
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
180 Grados   $8.46    
Abbott and Costello Show, The [Ultimate Collection]   $45.99    
American Backwoods: Slew Hampshire   $11.99    
Anthropophagous 2000   $19.95    
Babysitter Wanted   $14.99    
Back to the Jurassic   $9.99    
Beautiful & Twisted   $20.95    
Boys in Brazil   $24.99    
Cas & Dylan   $19.99    
Coffy   $17.99    
Daktari: Season 4 $29.99    
Duff, The   $14.95 $14.99 $14.99
Facts of Life, The:  Complete 6th Season     $19.95    
Farewell Herr Schwartz   $19.99    
Foxy Brown   $17.99    
Free the Nipple $19.99    
Friday Foster   $24.95    
Giant Spider Invasion, The   $17.92    
Hammer   $24.95    
Hart to Hart:  The Final Season      $29.95    
Healing   $14.99    
Kingsman: The Secret Service   $14.98 $14.99 $14.99
Last Ship, The:  Complete 1st Season      $28.69 $16.99  
Last Unicorn, The [Enchanted Edition]     $9.99    
Pastor Brown/Sins of the Mother [Double Feature]   $6.39    
Power Rangers Super Megaforce: Sky Strike   $9.94    
Project Almanac   $14.99 $14.99 $16.99
Red Army   $22.99    
Sadistic Baron Von Klaus, The   $17.89    
Serena   $12.99 $9.99 $11.99
She-Devil   $17.99    
Teen Wolf:  Season 4     $17.99 $17.99  
Thunderbirds: Complete Series $44.93    
Tough Being Loved By Jerks   $19.99    
Transporter: The Series:  Complete Second Season     $19.95    

Posted Image
The price links below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure    $19.87    
Absolute Beginners  [Twilight Time]       
Back to the Jurassic [Blu-ray 3-D]   $17.99    
Bonnie's Kids/Centerfold Girls $22.99    
Coffy    $19.99    
Dark Victory    $13.83    
Dodge City    $14.93    
Duff, The    $18.99 $18.99 $19.99
F/X    $17.99    
Foxy Brown    $19.99    
Friday Foster    $19.99    
Gett: The Trial of Vivane Amsalame    $34.95    
Giuseppe Makes A Movie    $29.99    
Golden Year Collection, The    $51.71    
Hammer    $19.99    
Hunchback of Notre Dame, The [1939]      $14.91    
Kingsman: The Secret Service    $19.99 $19.99 $19.99
Last Ship, The:  Complete 1st Season       $35.64 $19.99  
Last Unicorn, The [Enchanted Edition]      $14.95    
Miss Marple:  Volume 3      $34.45    
Mississippi Mermaid  [Twilight Time]       
Night of the Generals, The  [Twilight Time]       
Ninotchka    $13.84    
Pillow Book, The    $24.99    
Project Almanac    $18.99 $18.99 $18.99
Red Army    $22.99    
Sadistic Baron Von Klaus, The    $18.99    
Serena    $20.99 $12.99 $12.99
She-Devil    $19.99    
Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers    $19.96    
Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland    $19.96    
Society    $25.29    
Spider Baby    $25.29    
State of Grace  [Twilight Time]       
Strain: Season 1  [Collectible] $56.67    
Strain: Season 1 $79.99    
Thunderbirds:  The Complete Series      $44.93    
Until the Light Takes Us    $34.95    
Young Lions, The  [Twilight Time]       

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Another week of Twilight Time releases.  Pre-order HERE at Screen Archives Entertainment. 

--Best Buy also has an EXCLUSIVE COMIC BOOK with its Blu copies of Kingsman: The Secret Service.  The comic hs 24 pages.

--The following "Great Selections of Titles for Less" are on sale this week at Best Buy (all Blu-ray unless otherwise noted):

$4.99:  Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Book of Life, Ice Age: Dawn of Dinosaurs, Russell Madness, The Watch, red Dawn, Runner Runner, The Family, Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, Big. 

$24.99:  The Terminator Anthology, Mad Max Trilogy, The Shield Complete Series (DVD)

$32.99:  Kung Fu: Complete Series (DVD)

$39.99:  Indiana Jones: Complete Adventures

$59.99:  Clint Eastwood: 20-film collection

$84.99:  Battlestar Galactica: Definitive Collection

$87.99:  Star Wars: Complete Saga

$94.99:  Sons of Anarchy: Complete Series (DVD)

$99.99:  Boardwalk Empire: Complete Series

--Best Buy is advertising a "BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE" sale on select FX TV series (up to forty titles from which to choose).  Shown are (all DVD):

$17.99:  The Americans: Season 2, Archer: S5, Fargo: S1, The Strain: S1.

--And, Best Buy has the following TV seasons on sale (I cannot always tell which format is shown):

FROM $14.99 apiece:   The Mentalist: Season 7 (DVD), World Wars (Blu), Justified: S5 (DVD), Breaking Bad: S4 (Blu), Walking Dead: S1 (?)

FROM $19.99 apiece:  House of Cards: S2 (?), Orange is the New Black: S2 (DVD), Sons of Anarchy: Final Season (DVD), Falling Skies: S4 (Blu), Ray Donovan: S2 (DVD)

--Best Buy is advertising $7.50 in MovieMoney when to see Jurassic World (in theaters 6-12-15) when you purchase specially-marked packages.  Shown are Blu-rays of Jurassic Park, JP2: The Lost World and The JP Collection.  Find all the titles at BestBuy.com/MovieMoney.

--Best Buy's flyer also says "Collect these Pixar favorites (starting at $9.99)."  The titles shown are:  A Bug's Life and Wall*E (in Blu) and Finding nemo, Ratatouille and Toy Story (on DVD).

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  A lisat of $2,99 Action/Adventure DVDs.

--Target this week has an extra 10% off Kingsman: The Secret Service with their Cartwheel app.  Also, buy Kingsman: The Secret Service and get a select DVD for $1.  Choose from more than 100 titles including these eight:  The Expendables, Inglouious Basterds, The Italian Job, Pulp Fiction, Contraband, Inception, The Hurt Locker and Double Feature: Terminator 3/Terminator: Salvation.

--Target is also advertising "Gifts for Grads & Dads:"  Game of Thrones: $29.99 (DVD), Sons of Anarchy: S7: $22.99 (DVD), Entourage: Complete Series:  $79.99 (DVD), Justified: Season 6: $24.99 (DVD), True Detective: Season 1: $34.99 (Blu Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook), Indiana Jones Movie 4-Pack $22.99 (DVD), and Jurassic Park Movie 3-Pack: $14.99 (DVD). 

--Target's copies of Serena this week have EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Special for a beautiful summer's weekend in upstate New York: an early posting of the WRU!

I hope nobody sees it (right away) as my wish is for you all to be outside enjoying a beautiful, sunny Saturday! :thumbsup:

:biggrin:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Mike! Kingsman: The Secret Service is my only day-of-release purchase this week. If I don't win the HTF contest, I'll pick up the first season of "The Last Ship" on Blu-Ray when I see a good sale price down the road.

Now, off to enjoy some of that sunshine you're raving about!

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Just a heads up... if you have a brick and mortar Movie Stop in your area, they have new trade-in rates considerably higher than in the past. Go Hastings bought them out a little while back, and while the store now features a ton of other collectibles, comics, action figures, etc., the blu-ray and DVD collection is just as large if not larger (though on huge shelves with spines only showing now).

But because Go Hastings has an online store presence, I suspect that's why they are giving much better trade-in store credit than Movie Stop did by itself because they can now sell those used media online, as well. From my experience on a few trade-ins over the past few weeks, they do much better than Amazon would ever offer, or Movie Stop did previously.

For an example, I traded in my BD complete series of Prime Suspect, which I got for about $47, and received $27 store credit, which is more than 50% of my original purchase cost. Not saying everything is this good, but I've gotten very good value on BD box set trade-ins. Prime Suspect is an awesome show, btw (especially seasons 4-7), definitely worth seeing, but I base my trade-ins on whether I'm really likely to watch something again, and I often get stuff now just to watch it and then let it go for something else (in this case, The Wire on BD - which they matched BB and Amazon price at $99, btw).

Anyway, if you have one near, check it out, it's definitely not the 15 cent trade-ins any more.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm supposed to be reviewing Kingsman, but Fox titles are always iffy possibilities. Four of this month's Twilight Time titles fall under my purview, but I haven't gotten shipping orders yet so no telling when they'll arrive. I put in for Serena, too, but since it didn't come well ahead of time, I'm not expecting it at the last minute.

I was hoping The Golden Year collection would fall a bit more in price so the four titles I don't already have would be a better buy as a collection than separately minus Gone With the Wind which I've already got two-times over.

Thanks for the early RoundUp!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike. I loved Kingsman and want it, but since there's so much else I want this month, I'll wait for a price drop on it, which should be fairly soon -- I remember buying Gone Girl for $19.99 in January and three or four weeks later I saw it for half that. Nothing else blu-ray-wise for me this week.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, Mike. I just came in from enjoying the beautiful day here -- as you wished. The only thing for me this week is F/X. Robert Harris endorses the transfer, and I've always enjoyed the film.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The only thing on my list this week was 101 Dalmatians II. I ventured into Half Price Books today (ostensibly for CD's...) and found a pretty gently used copy (on BD) for $14. Picked that up and cancelled the Amazon preorder. Saved about $5 in the transaction.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'll be renting Kingsman since I wasn't able to see it in theaters. I plan on picking up F/X.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Spider Baby, State of Grace, Night of the Generals, Kingsman, and The Golden Collection for me.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Matt Hough said:
I was hoping The Golden Year collection would fall a bit more in price so the four titles I don't already have would be a better buy as a collection than separately minus Gone With the Wind which I've already got two-times over.
Currently the box set is about $5 cheaper than the four separates. But even if the price were the same, with the box set you're getting a bonus disc containing the 2009 documentary "1939: Hollywood's Greatest Year" hosted by Kenneth Branagh. So the box set is a no-brainer. I have a lucky friend who will be getting a free Blu-ray of GWTW in a paper sleeve. :)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
If my job wasn't going away in a couple of weeks, I'd be all over the blaxploitation Blu like white on rice (which, given the subject is probably the wrong turn of phrase) - but those will have to go into my growing pile of "soon!" discs.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
So there's a 2014 release starring Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence that I've never heard of. Either I'm really out of it or that movie must truly suck. . .

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
So there's a 2014 release starring Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence that I've never heard of.

Either I'm really out of it or that movie must truly suck. . .

A.) Aaron's really out of it.

B.) The movie sucks.

C.) All of the above.
checked_box.gif

:biggrin:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
From what I understand, Serena was on the shelf for a couple of years because the studio thought it was unreleasable.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Thinking about Kingsmen, looks like fun.

rented Almanac, also looks like fun.

BTW anyone know someone who cleans engine blocks, ours is covered with residue, could really use a good cleaning.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks