What's new

Humming Sunfire True Subwoofer Mk-II (1 Viewer)

PhxWilsonsKen

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
The speaker is probably 15 years old. I have had it into the shop and have had all of the capacitors replaced. It worked well for a while after the capacitors were replaced, But now it is humming again. When it starts humming I can turn the volume all the way up and it will stop the home. I turn it back down to normal listening position things are fine, for a while. But the humm will start again. Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

PhxWilsonsKen

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
Thank you for the reply. If it is a ground loop, would it come and go? Would it stop when I turn the volume all the up and then back down? How do I fix a ground loop anyway?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
The first thing to do is pinpoint what is causing it by plugging things in one at a time. Often a cable box can cause it.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I have a Sunfire, Jr. sub in the guest room (formerly had it in an old house in the master bedroom) and it is old but no issues.

OhNoNotThatGuy

Auditioning
Real Name
James Childress
I had this issue as well as popping when changing sources or turning the reciever off. Mine is working great for the past 2 days since I changed the sub’s plug from a direct outlet to a quality home theater surge protector. Absolutely no issues the past 2 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks