What's new

The Whispers (ABC) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What if your young child's imaginary friend wasn't imaginary?

That's the creepy premise behind ABC's new show The Whispers, the latest show from Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television. It's inspired by Ray Bradbury's short story "Zero Hour."

I don't know if I'd stick with the show against the fall programming competition, but as a summer show it was enough to keep my attention. Especially since the parents of the targeted children all seem to be connected.

Lily Rabe is better than the material she has to work with as the FBI child psychiatrist at the center of the show. Barry Sloane, who irritated me from the moment of his introduction on "Revenge", is much more tolerable here with an American accent.

It was nice to see Dee Wallace pop up as the mother of Lily Rabe's character. Her most famous role, of course, was another Amblin production about a child with an unusual playmate.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I watched it last night and enjoyed it for the most part. I'll stick around for a while to see if it starts to gel better.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
We enjoyed it. Just enough creepiness to keep our interest.

Took me a while to recognize the beared homeless guy, but then it clicked when they showed him clean cut, he was in the Heroes show..which we liked up to a point. :)

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
Derek Webster reminds me lot of Anthony Braugher. Same kind of vocal delivery and mannerisms. Are they by chance related?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm enjoying the show. I was glad Lily Rabe's character came clean so quickly about her husband being the man they're hunting for. The fact that Barry Sloane's character hasn't mentioned Drill to her character is starting to get frustrating, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks