What's new

Aloha Quick Review (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm a sucker for Cameron Crowe films. I think Almost Famous is brilliant and I still enjoy Jerry McGuire etc..

But Aloha is a miserable film that never clicks with a muddy storyline that leaves giant issues unresolved or non-sensical and actors who are largely wasted.

The film makes no sense j any meaningful way, and the ending sequence which features a young girl (avoiding spoilers) and is meant to be moving is so cringeworthy that my skin crawled

1 start, D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
I'm a sucker for Cameron Crowe films. I think Almost Famous is brilliant and I still enjoy Jerry McGuire etc..
I knew the reviews were terrible for this movie but I was still thinking about taking a chance on it. However, since your feelings on his previous work mirror mine, you've convinced me to save my $10.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw it, and nothing ever clicked into a groove, it was just all oddly juxtaposed together, these plotlines. Not worth even a matinee viewing, I'm afraid.

I give it 1.5 stars or a grade of D+.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Of the three major failures in Cameron Crowe's post-Jerry Maguire career (Vanilla Sky, Elizabethtown, and now Aloha), I enjoyed this one the most.

With regard to that final scene, you can buy into it or not. But the little girl gave an incredible performance with no dialogue.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
For me, the most memorable scene was still the Skynyrd cover from Elizabethtown, but I actually quite enjoyed this film -- even a bit moreso than Elizabethtown (I swear that I was one of the five people in the world that actually enjoyed that film!)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks