What's new

Yamaha RX-V677 or Onkyo TX-NR636 and safe to buy refurb? (1 Viewer)

ashehzad2002

Agent
Real Name
Avey
Help me pick one out. Will use with projector benq 1075ht and Klipsch r28F speaker system.

another option is Denon AVR-X2000 for 269 on accessories for less.

thanks in advance!

ashehzad2002

Agent
Real Name
Avey
thanks definitely a better choice. is it worth spending the extra $70 and get the X2100 also with a 3 years warranty? not sure how much of a difference it would make with the higher output per channel. For my speakers listed below would it make a difference?

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
For example your mains have a sensitivity rating of 98db with 1 watt. Extra power is not needed with that efficient of a speaker as once you get up to 16 watts you're 113dB which will be very freaking loud. As long as the 1100 has the features you're looking for I think I would go with it and save some money. The extra power is not worth it (especially with those speakers) and the bluetooth can be had for $30-40 for an adapter. The extra 2 HDMI inputs might be if you have that many sources but many folks do not.

ashehzad2002

Agent
Real Name
Avey
thanks so much ArmSC for the info on that. I always wondered how this power usage is calculated. No i will not need all those extra HDMIs so this should be good enough for me. Why did you mention the bluetooth for extra 30-40? looking at the specs it already has bluetooth built in.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
In regards to the bluetooth...so it does. Result of too many things going on when I was looking at it I guess. Either way you got a heck of an AVR at a good price covered for 3 years so I think you're in good shape. You're very welcome for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks