What's new

Logitech Harmony Brings Home Control to All Harmony Hub Users (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Logitech Harmony Brings Home Control to All Harmony Hub Users

Harmony Remotes Just Keep Getting Better with Free Software Upgrade that Enables Connected Home Features

NEWARK, Calif. — May 26, 2015 — Today, Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) announced the release of asoftware upgrade that gives all Harmony hub-based products enhanced smart home control capabilities. With this new software upgrade, Harmony Ultimate Hub now offers the same features and functionality as our recently launchedHarmony Home Hub.

Harmony hub-compatible products that can be upgraded with this new software include theLogitech Harmony® Ultimate, the Logitech Harmony® Smart Control, and the Logitech Harmony® Smart Keyboard.

“At Logitech Harmony, we’re always looking for ways to improve the experience our customers have with our products,” said Bruce Lancaster, general manager and vice president of Logitech Harmony. “We’re focused on creating the best control experience for our customers bar none – not just in the living room, but throughout the home and beyond. Today’s update allows us to deliver that best-in-class experience to the largest community of connected home users in the world.”

After taking advantage of the optional software upgrade, you can use your compatible Harmony remote to automatically adjust Philips hue bulbs and your Nest Learning Thermostat™, as well as control other connected home devices fromLutron Electronics, Honeywell, SmartThings, Rheem, PEQ and more. Plus, with the update, you can schedule your Activities to start and end automatically at specific times, control your Harmony through your smartphone or tablet while away from home, and use partner applications and products such as IFTTT.

To upgrade your Harmony hub, sign into the MyHarmony software for Windows or Mac, or use the Harmony mobile app to opt-in and begin the installation.

Pricing and Availability

The Logitech Harmony software upgrade is free and expected to be available worldwide beginning in May 2015. For more information, please visit www.logitech.com or our blog.

About Logitech
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people to the digital experiences they care about. Spanning multiple computing, communication and entertainment platforms, Logitech’s combined hardware and software enable or enhance digital navigation, music and video entertainment, gaming, social networking, audio and video communication over the Internet, video security and home-entertainment control. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Old thread bump time! :)

I broke down and got myself a Smart Control Hub last week and have been tweaking it for last few days to work together with my Google Home (via IFTTT). At first the process was a bit frustrating getting things just right but last night I FINALLY got things set the way I wanted.

So now everyone in fam can just say "Ok Google, watch Tivo" or "Watch DVD" etc and the A/V system switches modes and we're good to go. Then we just use the included remote to do the usual channel changing and volume stuff. I'm sure there is a way to do that via GH too but I haven't figured it out yet, then again I don't want to spend every moment saying "Ok Google", I'm fine with using a standard remote control. :)

So for now, it's a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks