What's new

International The Lost World (1960) British blu release (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I see where a blu ray of The Lost World (1960) is being released in Great Britain this June by 101 films. Does anyone know anything about 101's product. Excellent, good, okay, poor?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I've never bought any 101 Films Blu's, but if it's the same transfer as the French Blu & what's been on TV, then it'll look really nice (& I can't see why it wouldn't be). Another company licensing titles from Fox is good news.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I enjoy the French BD I picked up, not perfect but as good as we will likely ever see.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yeah, the German disc is okay. Pretty good, actually, and the stereo track is intact. Unless Twilight Time gives this to us in the U.S., I can't imagine seeing it released here in HD. Forget the bonus addition of the 1925 silent version on the German release, though -- it's the horribly truncated (59 minutes) edition presented in SD, and looks like a VHS transfer. For that one, procure the 90-minute Image DVD of years ago, which looks pretty stellar, and hope for an eventual Blu.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Dick said:
Yeah, the German disc is okay. Pretty good, actually, and the stereo track is intact. Unless Twilight Time gives this to us in the U.S., I can't imagine seeing it released here in HD. Forget the bonus addition of the 1925 silent version on the German release, though -- it's the horribly truncated (59 minutes) edition presented in SD, and looks like a VHS transfer. For that one, procure the 90-minute Image DVD of years ago, which looks pretty stellar, and hope for an eventual Blu.

I believe Flicker Alley has said they are working on a Blu for the silent version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks