What's new

Nothing Lasts Forever possibly coming to blu-ray in 2015? (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Bill Murray Nothing Lasts Forever.jpg

A sci-fi fantasy featuring Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd.
After disastrous test screening in Seattle in 1984, MGM scrapped a planned theatrical release for “Nothing Lasts Forever,” and the (mostly) black-and-white film has never been out on video.
With an oddball cast that also includes Mort Sahl, Imogene Coca and Eddie Fisher, it will have only its second US TV showing ever next Sunday morning, May 31, at 2 a.m. on Turner Classic Movies.
The long-shelved “Nothing Lasts Forever” began building a cult a decade ago when Murray insisted it be included in a retrospective of his work at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
There have been sporadic showings since, and owner Warner Bros. is working to clear up music-rights issues blocking a belated video release.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/23/the-real-story-behind-the-bill-murray-movie-youve-never-seen/

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I think if they get the music cleared it is possible they would go blu-ray on this because you might as well if you have worked this long to release a film.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I read the Lou Lumenick piece in the NYS Post this weekend (which was quoted in the OP) and am greatly intrigued by this film.

I had never heard of it before...and I love Bill Murray films (including many of those from the 80s)!

Time to set the DVR...

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yes, in the same year Murray and Aykroyd did Ghostbusters they also made this film. Belushi was supposed to be in this too sadly and this film according to Murray is some of his favorite work.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I read the Lou Lumenick piece in the NYS Post this weekend (which was quoted in the OP) and am greatly intrigued by this film.

I had never heard of it before...and I love Bill Murray films (including many of those from the 80s)!

Time to set the DVR...
I saw it when it was on TCM before and it's... very offbeat. I can guarantee that you've never seen a movie like it and it's easy to see how it developed a cult following.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, there are supposedly music rights issues and there are many clips from other films in the film which could create rights issues so somebody or more than one somebody is looking to get paid before any more public showings of the film. Whoever it is that wants to be paid probably did not catch that the film was shown on TCM once before...and I think that was the one and only television showing in the states.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
" featuring Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd" they are barely in the film ,which is on the web ,and was shown on TCM

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks