What's new

Roller Boogie (1979) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Adam Gregorich said:
LOL I figured it wouldn't take long for Brad to pull the trigger on this one. One down two to go! ;)
The other two of course being Skatetown USA and Xanadu.

I put a link to this thread on my Facebook page so folks on my friends list can follow it here and maybe pre-order the film themselves.

Paul Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Very happy to see this finally get announced.
Very surprised that Olive is releasing it. I would have thought for sure given it's music and kitsch pop culture associations, that Shout would have locked it in early on.

Also I have to say that while I'm thrilled that I'll be able to cross this off my 'most wanted' list very soon, the other MGM titles I desperately want like Eye of The Needle, Who'll Stop The Rain, Comes a Horseman, and Lord Love A Duck would all have been a far more substantial upgrade as their respective DVD releases were all seriously lacking in terms of basic Video quality.

RB, by comparison, was actually quite decent and the anamorphic 1.85/75 AR is not a huge gulf to cross compared to the non anamorphic Who'll Stop the Rain, or riddled with artifacts EOTN.

While I have no feeling one way or the other about Skatetown (never saw it as a kid and don't really crave roller disco movies for their own sake), I'm still scratching my head over why Universal still hasn't released Xanadu on Bd. They had the prime excuse of the publicity from the (off?) Broadway musical to tie in to years ago- but I don't even know if that's running anymore. I don't know how much this film will benefit as it's full of opticals, but the audio should certainly derive some boost in lossless.

I should probably admit too that as a kid I had a lingering infatuation with both Blair and ONJ, which is why I still enjoy revisiting stuff like this decades later. They're far from edifying cinema, but the 13 yr old in me gets an enormous kick out of the fact that he can watch them now in his own private theater. That's something.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Ah, yes... Xanadu. Some stand-out films are referred to as "The Citizen Kane of {genre}." Xanadu, however, is the Xanadu of roller-skating films. But I like it anyway because I've always had the hots for Olivia Newton-John.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll get it if the pricing ever gets sorted on amazon.ca when it appears. Olive is always too expensive for what you get, sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks