What's new

International The Lion in Winter- Sept 21, 2015 from StudioCanal (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Beware, Gustavo. I am cautiously optimistic about this announcement, but the Danish release of this on Blu also came from Studio Canal, and if this is the same transfer, it isn't worth the investment, as it s loaded with artifacts and aliasing, and has only passable color.

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
Dick said:
Beware, Gustavo. I am cautiously optimistic about this announcement, but the Danish release of this on Blu also came from Studio Canal, and if this is the same transfer, it isn't worth the investment, as it s loaded with artifacts and aliasing, and has only passable color.

Oh, dear. My happiness didn't last long.

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
Is it true that these days, Embassy/Avco-Embassy titles now suffer from Avengers season five syndrome, due to being owned by StudioCanal?

What I mean is, the speed is correct, but the pitch is wrong, and is an octave higher. I noticed this with the current 23.976 versions of The Graduate.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Dr Griffin said:
Has anyone seen this release?
Doc, I placed my pre-order for Lion in Winter back in May when it was first announced. Later on, I received a notice from Amazon UK that the release date would be delayed. There've been no further notices since then and the Blu-ray's classification remains "To be announced".

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Y0HN31M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01

[On an unrelated note, Doc, I introduced my daughter to your namesake, The Invisible Man (1933) last night. She was blown away by the quality and sophistication of the filmmaking, not to mention the delightful acting.]

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I am watching the Blu-ray as I write this reply. The copy I have was produced by Anchor Bay the video is excellent the audio is English DTS-HD MA Stereo. The running time is 156 minutes the Blu-ray is region Locked "B". If you enjoy this movie by the Anchor Bay Blu-ray.

Giovanni DN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Giovanni Di Natale
Ernest said:
I am watching the Blu-ray as I write this reply. The copy I have was produced by Anchor Bay the video is excellent the audio is English DTS-HD MA Stereo. The running time is 156 minutes the Blu-ray is region Locked "B". If you enjoy this movie by the Anchor Bay Blu-ray.
StudioCanal*

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Dr Griffin said:
Has anyone seen this release?
Further delays, I'm afraid. Email from Amazon UK today:

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on May 26 2015...

"The Lion In Winter *Digitally Restored [Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: April 07 2016 - April 12 2016

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 72

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Ernest said:
Are you referring to THE LION IN WINTER? The running time for that film has always been 135 minutes. Where did the extra 21 minutes come from? Anchor Bay? Didn't know they even released this movie. From what country?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks