What's new

Things You Wish Will (or Won't) Happen Before You Die (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm 65, and I'm not going to see much of this happen, but here is my list, which can be added to:

Our atmosphere slowly begins to recover due to global cutbacks of carbon emissions.

We find proof that life exists on another planet.

The poor in this country and others are provided with new sources of nutritious food and clean water.

Politicians learn how to compromise again, so good things get done.

Credible privacy is returned to everyday citizens as violence and terrorism are better contained.

Millions of new jobs begin to emerge as industry and infrastructure work is slowly brought back to the U.S.

Women, children, gays and animals are given their unalienable rights nation-wide.

The Red Sox win another series.

We begin to enjoy life again, as we feel safer and more financially secure in an environment and society on the mend.

I can't get specifically political here, but I have lots more.

On the entertainment end:

Disney begins supporting 3-D in the U.S. again.

Michael Bay makes a good movie.

Paramount and Disney begin rolling out Blu-rays of their catalog titles en masse.

A complete print or dupe negative of Welle's intended MAGNIFICENT AMBERSONS turns up somewhere.

And your lists?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
From your list I think, "We find proof that life exists on another planet." has the best odds.

I like the OP list, so I'll just add to it -

General:

We get a human to another planet.

Science education returns to the forefront (I'll leave out my details so I don't get the thread closed).

Entertainment:

Like music, restriction-free personal copies of movies are legal.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
The end of poverty, a national living wage, the Cubs win the World Series, a progressive woman president, true love, and right darn quick.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Keith Cobby said:
My first ambition at the age of 8 watching Neil Armstrong walk on the Moon was to live long enough to see humans on Mars.
I saw him at age 16.

In 1975 I entered into a PhD program in physics at UCSD with the goal of perfecting a commercial fusion reactor.

Well......

It still hasn't happened. But when it does.....

Energy backed tyrants will lose their power. No more theoretical climate change. No more poverty since energy costs keep people down. Uber and Lyft will vie for the Earth-Mars run.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
I'd like to see it revealed that UFOs really do come from other planets and their pilots have been monitoring our civilization (such as it is) for centuries and have been in touch with our governments.

I'd also like to see the true assassins and conspirators behind the Kennedy assassination(s) identified once and for all.

I'd also like to know the truth about past advanced civilizations that existed before what we call the prehistoric era, but I doubt that info will come forth in my lifetime.

Re: UFOs: We once came close to that revelation. Look at this cover of Life Magazine from 1952 and the headline in the upper right corner:

Life-Magazine-1952-04-07.jpg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm serious about SOTH, but the two technological things I really want to see in my lifetime:

Self Driving cars propagate and reduce vehicular death to a small percentage of what it is today.

Humans move to 100% renewable energy and/or or other steps that eliminate greenhouse gas emissions

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Bowling as an Olympic sport again.

Something I want to see, or don't want to see in my lifetime?

I'll never tell.

Lars Larsen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lars Larsen
I would have to say humans on Mars. I'm in my late 30s and I'm starting to doubt I'll live to see it. The pioneering spirit when it comes to space exploration isn't what it used to be. Humans on the moon again, would be ok, too :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Dick said:
Yeah, and other street drugs as well. ...
Post hidden. Let's keep this thread open and fun. Grind political axes on a different website.

“4. No politics or religion. We do not permit the discussion of politics or religion at HTF. However, there is a narrow exception to this rule. If the subject matter of a movie or television show includes politics and/or religion, then they may be discussed insofar as they pertain to that specific movie or television show. We stress, however, that such discussions are carefully monitored and will be moderated if it appears that any participant is using this narrow exception to introduce a broader political or religious discussion than is warranted by the movie or television show under discussion. Also, anyone who has not seen a particular movie or television show is disqualified from discussing its political and/or religious content under this rule.”

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
My number one I won't mention because I'm sure that someone would think that it breaks the rules.

2) The citizens of the US go back to the views that founded this great nation.

3) Then take those views and talents and go forth and not only visit places like Mars, but build sustainable ports - on Mars, on the Moon, all in the hopes of settling our solar system and take advantage of minerals and resources available within the planets and asteroids.

4) The Nebraska Cornhuskers college football team wins multiple national championships, again. (highly unlikely the current coach will come close, though).

5) Energy development knowledge matures, and if there are drawbacks to a particular energy source (ex: nuclear) technology is developed to mitigate or negate any negative effects.

6) That I see a faithful adaptation of The Wheel of Time as a series (ala Game of Thrones).

These are a few of my favorite things...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks