What's new

Pioneer vsx 515 (1 Viewer)

marktb68

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Baldwin
I know its old but we just discovered it in storage and it works just fine, BUT, I can only get the 2 front speakers to work and nothing else. I really want the center speaker to work but its not. In fact, I tried the other speakers and those aren't responding either. I am wondering what I did wrong to hook it up. I connected the 2 main front speakers to the subwoofer then wired the sub to the receiver. Thanks in advance.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Would help if you give us the model numbers of your other equipment and the speakers/subwoofer.

It's better to connect the front speaker outputs from the receiver straight to the front speakers and not the subwoofer, assuming the subwoofer is self-powered and has an LFE input.

Could be the receiver is in Direct, Auto Surround or Pure Direct mode. If you're playing a stereo source like a cd then only the front two speakers will be activated.

Could be the center and surround channels are turned off in the 515's speaker setup menu.

You can also try a factory reset. The simple procedure is explained on pg 51 of the manual.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_11221/218219113VSX515OperatingInstructions.pdf

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
You don't know happen to know the sound mode/field that you're using. I think that Gene is right on the money about it being in a 2.0 mode like pure direct or stereo. I would fiddle with the different surround modes and try to put it on something like Dolby Pro Logic II to see if you can get the other speakers to work that way. What source(s) were you using to test it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks