What's new

55EG9600 and 65EG9600 owners thread (1 Viewer)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I was just notified that my first allocation of 65EG9600s have been released!! Now that LG has launched the 65EG9600 to select authorized dealers and we'll be releasing all of our pre-orders I expect we'll see some new owners.

So excited to be receiving them. Can't wait to see them and evaluate any changes from the 65EC9700.

-Robert

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
MSRP is $8,999 for LG's 2015 65" 4K OLED, model 65EG9600. Authorized dealers are not permitted to advertise anything lower.

They launched exclusivly at Best Buy two weeks ago. Yesterday, LG released the fist Nationwide alotment to a select group of authorized dealers. I was selected to be one of the lucky first dealers to get them!

OLED display technology has several advantages over LCD/LED based displays. Here's a few of the advantages OLED offers over LCD based displays:

• The MLL goes to .000fL or .000nit. The deep blacks also contribute to the overall excellent color saturation and of course, give us a very high contrast ratio and large dynamic gray scale range.
  • OLED is an emmisive technology, like plasma so each sub-pixel is its own light/color sourse, whereas LCD displays rely on a large bright single backlight with liquid crystals to control the luminance and color(s).
  • Emmisive displays have very good off axes viewing and better screen uniformity than LCD based displays.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks