What's new

3D David Attenborough: The 3D Collection Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Johnny Angell said:
Best price is now $50. Link took me to amazon US. was that your intent?

If you hover over the link its amazon.uk but changes to amazon.com so I don't know why its doing that. It should be:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/David-Attenborough-3D-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00FEDUIAK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431958196&sr=8-1&keywords=David+Attenborough%3A+The+3D+Collection+Blu-ray

OR

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ and enter David Attenborough: The 3D Collection Blu-ray for your search.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This is way too weird. your links are taking me to Amazon US. I then copied your links into Text Edit and clicked on them there. Then I go to Amazon UK. The problem is not your links. Something in the HTF (I presume) is redirecting me to Amazon US.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It took me to amazon.ca, so must be something on amazon's end. I did find the title on amazon.co.uk though.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I think the link breaking has something to do with Home Theater Forum's Amazon affiliate program. Since HTF cannot get kickback on links to Amazon UK, it redirects to the equivalent product on the Amazon US site in order to give HTF credit for a potential sale.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've noticed this auto-redirect over the last year when trying to link something from Amazon UK in the deals thread. It will

send you to the correct site for a few hours then eventually switch to Amazon US. I think I finally just had to manually force

it to a non link so you need to cut and paste the address

amazon.co.uk/David-Attenborough-3D-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00FEDUIAK

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
David Norman said:
I've noticed this auto-redirect over the last year when trying to link something from Amazon UK in the deals thread. It will

send you to the correct site for a few hours then eventually switch to Amazon US. I think I finally just had to manually force

it to a non link so you need to cut and paste the address

amazon.co.uk/David-Attenborough-3D-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00FEDUIAK

Yes, only the cut and paste will work.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The series looks great on my Panny plasma. Well worth a purchase...not many 3-D documentaries look as beautiful as these discs.

Dan_Shane

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan Shane
Dick said:
The series looks great on my Panny plasma. Well worth a purchase...not many 3-D documentaries look as beautiful as these discs.

I did not expect so many instances of 3-D pop-out in a set of nature films, but the technicians took great advantage of that feature where it made sense. Parallax is wonderful throughout. I will revisit these discs many times; I wish I was as enthusiastic about most recent feature films.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
That this couldn't have been released by PBS in the U.S. is kind of shameful. Stunning work. If you are 30d ready, run, don't walk, to the Amazon UK web site!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
The link above does work now but the page says "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to the United States". I already have it, although its still unrapped. I must have about thirty Blu-ray 3D titles that I still have not watched.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
RolandL said:
The link above does work now but the page says "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to the United States". I already have it, although its still unrapped. I must have about thirty Blu-ray 3D titles that I still have not watched.
That's usually what you get when the site is defaulting to a 3rd Party seller rather than Amazon. You should be able to pick Amazon from the Other Seller list.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Thanks for the heads-up on this set, I had no idea it existed. Attenborough documentaries in 3D - I'm in!

And yes, that Amazon UK link defaults to the cheapest third party seller which doesn't ship to non-UK addresses. The other sellers list has the sold and fulfilled by Amazon UK version which will ship overseas.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Persianimmortal said:
Thanks for the heads-up on this set, I had no idea it existed. Attenborough documentaries in 3D - I'm in!

And yes, that Amazon UK link defaults to the cheapest third party seller which doesn't ship to non-UK addresses. The other sellers list has the sold and fulfilled by Amazon UK version which will ship overseas.
Did you order this? I'd be interested in your appraisal.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Dick said:

I have it but have not watched it yet. The reviews I have seen say the 3D is excellent.

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
Dick said:
Received my set last week from Amazon UK and finally started watching it last night. I've only watched one of the three discs in the set - The Kingdom of Plants - with three 50 minute episodes. Watched it all in one sitting and I enjoyed every minute of it. It's hard not to enjoy an Attenborough documentary as it is, but the 3D really does add to the immersion. I was particularly impressed by the vibrant colors and fine detail which the 3D seems to enhance. No real pop-out, just a natural feeling of depth. No crosstalk either on my Panasonic plasma and Pana active glasses.

The scenes with the close-ups of insects on plants were particularly immersive in a fun but also slightly disturbing way, so I'm hesitantly looking forward to watching the Micro Monsters disc from the set tomorrow night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks