What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Miss Osbourne -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

When I see the term "Brand new 2k restoration," derived from an original negative, I get the feeling that the owner of the asset isn't overly concerned with its survival.

A 2k scan, even when beautifully performed, an asset does not create.  

Everything runs on budgets, but I'd prefer to see a nice, new 2k scan of an IP, and save funds on color and clean-up -- presuming a nice IP exists.

Regardless of my personal feelings, this particular Dr. Jekyll is a good-looking Blu-ray.  Grain appears normal, along with black levels and color.  The image is generally very clean, with few disturbances, and quite steady.

Arrow, newly here in the Colonies, is releasing the new Blu-ray, and have gone out of their way to make pack it with extras for all of those Borowczyk fans.

Keep in mind that this film falls under the category of cult horror, so will not be for the little ones.

Hopefully, there are enough people who want this is Blu-ray to cover Arrow's investment.  The release is reasonably heavily discounted from its $40 retail down to a street (on Amazon) of $25.

Bottom line.  Fans of the the film, will love this.

Image - 4.25

Audio - 4

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Watched this one last night and enjoyed it. Would of preferred a non-dubbed Udo Kier, but the visuals made up for it. My first Borowczyk film.

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Russell G said:
Watched this one last night and enjoyed it. Would of preferred a non-dubbed Udo Kier, but the visuals made up for it. My first Borowczyk film.
Try it in French. The dubbing of the two leads is far more restrained and the whole film plays much better in my opinion. I loved my first experience of this one but doubt I would have been as fond if I hadn't ditched the English track 10 minutes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks