What's new

2015-2016 TV Schedule (Broadcast) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Next week is the network upfronts where the networks announce their fall schedules. I will keep this post updated with the network schedules as they come in. Already there have been a ton of series renewals and cancellations as well as new shows picked up.

The first network to announce their fall schedule is NBC:
2015-16_nbc.png

EDIT (2015-05-11): Added Fox schedule:
2015-16_fox.png

EDIT (2015-05-12): Added ABC schedule:
2015-16_abc.png

EDIT (2015-05-13): Added CBS schedule:

2015-16_cbs.png

EDIT (2015-05-14): Added The CW's schedule:

2015-16_cw.png

2014_fall_key.jpg

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
What Matt said.

Strike Back's Sullivan Stapleton and Phillip Winchester are both going to be showing up on the NBC Fall schedule, but in different shows. Stapleton is in Blindspot and Winchester will be teamed up with Wesley Snipes in The Player.

- Walter.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Wonder how CBS is going to cram in all their new shows into the 2015-2016 schedule, such as Supergirl, the Criminal Minds spinoff, etc ...

At this point, their only vacant time slot would be 10pm Sunday which had the original CSI and Battle Creek.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
From everything I've read, Elementary is likely going to Sundays at 10, so that will free up Thursdays at 10. If Person of Interest is only going to have 13 episodes, it may run (like The Mentalist did) during the hiatus between Survivor seasons on Wednesdays at 8 which would also free up Tuesday at 10.

Since I watch a good deal of CBS TV, its schedule is the one I'm most curious about.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I like the Chicago Fire/Chicago PD block. Interesting that the new Chicago Med isn't on the schedule yet.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
In addition to what Matt said regarding CBS's schedule, CBS has filled in a lot of slots on Monday and Thursday evenings with repeats of The Big Bang Theory. Eliminating those repeats will free up time slots.

I tend to watch more CBS vs. the other networks, but I'm thinking about dropping more of the procedurals that I've been viewing. (I mostly watch for the characters as they don't really bring anything new to the table, at least for me.)

- Walter.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
ABC's schedule was announced today and has been added. CBS's upfront presentation is tomorrow.

Josh Dial said:
Always look forward to this thread, Adam. Thanks! Are the logo watermarks new? Fancy!

Yeah, in previous years I'd done a day by day grid with all of the networks included. But it just became unwieldy and cumbersome to manage, so this year I decided to do it network by network instead.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm surprised more shows with decent ratings but cancelled after one or two seasons (usually by CBS, such as The Millers, The McCarthys, or Stalker) don't get picked up by other networks that are struggling. You can already see how they perform and, though cancelled, their ratings were still higher than many shows still on the air at the various networks. I'd think Fox or NBC could really use a sitcom with a 1.7-2.0 rating, after they've struggled along with so many in the 0.5-1.0 range).

But it seems like the nets would rather take their chances in launching completely new shows, rather than try and transplant an existing show.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There are also a lot of a viewers that just tune into CBS for primetime and don't touch the dial until Letterman's over, though. The other networks probably don't think they'll get CBS numbers from CBS's discards.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
CBS's schedule was announced today and has been added.

The two big shockers:
- The debut of "Supergirl" in November will mark the first time since 1949 that CBS won't open its Monday primetime block with half-hour comedies.
- CBS has decided to bench "Person of Interest", keeping it in reserve like "Mike & Molly" to be deployed only if any of the new hour dramas bomb.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
As has been observed elsewhere, two DC franchises will be squaring off against one another on Monday evenings - Supergirl and Gotham.

I know that Person of Interest has lost ratings (I currently have a bunch of episodes queued on the DVR and keep intending to binge watch the show) but I'm a little surprised as well that this appears to be its final season. (maybe?)

- Walter.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I believe "Person of Interest" was also only renewed for a shortened 13 episode season.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Did I read somewhere that the Odd Couple got renewed? I suppose if that's the case, it's going to be a midseason reserve.

If it was renewed, I am kind of surprised. It's an okay show, but just screams short run.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Chip_HT said:
Did I read somewhere that the Odd Couple got renewed? I suppose if that's the case, it's going to be a midseason reserve.

If it was renewed, I am kind of surprised. It's an okay show, but just screams short run.
It was renewed. That show plus Mike and Molly, Two Broke Girls, and Person of Interest are being held in reserve in case new shows don't measure up. They are all proven performers (well, The Odd Couple is more suspect since it has yet to air without a Big Bang Theory lead-in, an enormous help).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks